Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with Visa Sponsorship 2024: Housekeeping, cleaning, or maid jobs in Norway are among the highest demanded unskilled professions in Norway. You can make a good livelihood in Europe while not having much education and experience. To talk about educated people seeking Norwegian work visas, the most suitable fields are IT, Telecommunications, Energy (Oil, Gas) Sector, Health, Education, Building and Construction, and the Fishing Industry.
Having talent or skill is not enough. To settle in Norway or any other part of the world, you need to know properly about the visa application process how to get an offer letter from the employer, which makes you eligible to apply for a work permit, what that job demands from you (job obligations) and all the necessary details likewise. This post will not only tell you everything about Housekeeping Jobs in Norway but will also guide you on how to apply for the job, how to get selected for the job to receive an offer letter from the employer, how to get eligible for visa sponsorship for Housekeeping jobs in Norway. Read on below to get a full guideline:
Details of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship:
- 1 Details of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship:
- 2 Types of Housekeeping Jobs:
- 3 Requirements of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship:
- 4 Benefits of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with Visa Sponsorship:
- 5 Job Responsibilities/Obligations of a Housekeeper:
- 6 How to write a professional CV and Cover letter for a Housekeeping Job?
- 7 How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with Visa Sponsorship:
- Job Title: Housekeeper/ Cleaner
- Job Location: Norway
- Job Industry: Labour
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: Will be preferred
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: 18-onwards
- Free Food: Mostly Yes
- Free Accommodation: Mostly Yes
- Free Medical Insurance: Mostly Yes
- Free Transport: Sometimes
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Relocation: Yes
- Salary: 5000-7000 NOK/ per month
Types of Housekeeping Jobs:
There are two types of Housekeeping: Institutional (Commercial) and Domestic (Household). In domestic or family settings, a household hires cleaning services, maids, or housekeepers to perform cleaning duties. They also expect other duties from housekeepers besides cleaning like laundry, ironing, cooking, Au Pair, etc, for which their employer pays them an extra rate. Institutional housekeepers work in commercial settings like hotels, tourist apartments, dormitories, etc, and keep the business up to cleanliness standards.
Requirements of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship:
- If you are not a Norwegian citizen or citizen of any Nordic country, you need a valid work visa (two years), permanent Immigration (indefinite stay), or seasonal work visa (up to six months that can be further extended). Either you will procure this visa on your own or your employer will sponsor you for a valid work permit. Click Here to get a full guide about Norway Work Visas
- Many employers (especially household consumers)don’t demand formal school education, but if you are working at commercial residencies like hotels, dormitories, etc, you need secondary or high school level education at least.
- In Norway, English is not a widely spoken language. You should be fluent in Basic level communication in the Norwegian language. Many international companies and industries, however, may accept English as the primary language of communication.
- If you have specialized training/ training courses as a professional cleaner, housekeeper, or household manager, it will add to your Resume or CV. You can find such courses online by world-recognized institutes or European Institutes.
- You need to keep yourself ready and clean and up to all the standards of hygiene. Especially, if you are required to look after children or the elderly as your additional job duty.
- You may be required to perform Au Pair duties. So, you must be adept at all of them.
- You are required to be adept in all household duties-cooking, cleaning, laundry, elderly or child care, taking care of house decoration, etc. Duties expected from you vary from one employer to another.
- You may be required to perform driving duties for household members (especially if your client is an elder citizen living alone or so). So, you need a valid driver’s license that is accepted and attested by respective Norwegian authorities.
Benefits of Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with Visa Sponsorship:
- Vast Job market i.e. Housekeepers are needed both in household and commercial residencies.
- Visa Sponsorship and Relocation.
- Permanent job opportunities for the right and hardworking candidates. As long as you have got the job, you are eligible to stay in Norway. A stable job enables you to apply for permanent Immigration.
- Easy nature of the job but pays you competently.
- Paid overtime/ additional duties (like childcare or driving roles) pay you more.
- Many households offer free food and accommodation for Housekeepers and maids, as they need 24/7 availability of a helper.
- Your client may offer you pick or drop or fare for public transport. If not, public transport is very economical in Norway.
- Living costs are not high in Norway.
- With commercial employers like hotels or so, you are eligible for employee benefits like retirement health, and social benefits.
Job Responsibilities/Obligations of a Housekeeper:
- Cleaning and Sanitizing.
- Reporting all health and safety hazards to the homeowner or hotel manager.
- All everyday cleaning operations like vacuuming, sweeping, emptying trash cans, dusting shelves, cleaning windows, and mopping floors.
- Order cleaning supplies and products if stock runs out.
- Some housekeepers perform additional duties of changing bedding, and linens, washing dishes, and doing ironing and laundry.
- Some housekeepers also cook.
- In a hotel, you clean and maintain guest rooms and shared public places.
- Organizing and taking care of the aesthetics of hotel or house rooms.
- Depending upon a household or family’s structure like the number of family members and their age groups, you may need to perform elderly or child care.
- As an institutional housekeeper, you have to answer guests’ summons promptly, providing them with whatever supplies they want.
- Institutional and Domestic Housekeepers perform turn-down service and prepare the bedding for the family members and guests.
- In Institutional/ Commercial settings, you have to be compliant with organizational cleanliness, hygiene, and sanitary standards.
How to write a professional CV and Cover letter for a Housekeeping Job?
Your CV and cover letter should be up-to-date and very clear and concise, highlighting all your education, experience, skills, and expertise. Your CV represents you before your employer so it should show the employer that you are who he is looking for. The biggest universal job portal Indeed highlights some very useful and handy tips to create a professional CV for a Cleaner/ Housekeeper Job.
How to Apply for Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with Visa Sponsorship:
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Housekeeping Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship”, Cleaning Jobs in Norway with visa sponsorship”, “Home Cleaning/ Hotel Cleaning with visa sponsorship”, “Maid Jobs in Norway for foreigners”, etc.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.