Urban Farmer Jobs in Japan for foreigners (2023) are life-changing opportunities for job seekers in underdeveloped Asian and African countries where the unemployment rate is soaring high every day. Agriculture, Mining, Fishing, and Farming together form the primary industrial sector of Japan. More than half of the country’s population is employed by the Agri economy. Moreover, Japan depends upon rice as it’s a staple and national food. The best and most fertile land is dedicated for rice production. Moreover, according to East Asia Forum, Japan’s rice exports have recently been increasing. Exports of brown and polished rice rose from 4,515 tons in 2014 to 22,833 tons in 2021. The majority of Japan’s net national production constitutes of agricultural/ farming products.
We all know Japan and other Asian tigers as world leaders and newly emerging techno super powers, but Japan’s agricultural and farming potential also outshine many countries in the world. In addition to soy, wheat, rice, and barley, Japan is famous for cultivating a vast range of fruits and vegetables. That’s why we have brought forward an opportunity to get Urban Farmer jobs in Japan for foreigners in 2023. Some jobs offer visa sponsorship, while others not offering visa sponsorship and offer the job in the lieu of very easy and formal requirements.
This company, Infarm, is a multinational corporation having respective subsidiaries in many countries, including Japan. As one of the world’s fastest-growing multinational companies in vertical farming, it is active globally with experts from all around the world. A foreigner can easily get a job in Infarm, Japan because it is managed by a multinational team.
As for now, let’s get to know more about Urban Farmer Jobs for foreigners (2023) by Infarm:
What is Urban Farming?
Urban agriculture, urban farming, or urban gardening means cultivating, processing, and distributing plants and livestock in urban areas. Urban communities resketch or repurpose their green space to grow food (or any other crops) for them. It also encompasses some other food production activities like forestry and fishing. The term is used in contrast to the traditional term of rural farming, which denotes the historical process of using rural areas for agriculture. As urban areas are hub of commercialism and technology, urban farming employs many modern farming practices like using apps, software, or modern machinery.
More Jobs: Citrus Picking Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship
Job details of Urban Farming:
- Job title: Urban Farmer/Agricultural worker/ Farm Worker
- Location: Tokyo, Japan
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes/ No
- Hiring agency: Infarm Japan
- Age limit: as recommended for a Japanese work visa
- Free food: No
- Free Accommodation: As per the company’s policy
- Free transport: As per the company’s policy
- Free Medical: Mostly Yes
Job Requirements for an Urban Farmer:
Briefly speaking, you have to fulfill the requirements for a Japanese skilled worker visa because urban farmers fall under the category of skilled workers. As per the job ad, a few job requirements are mentioned, like:
- A valid work visa.
- A valid driving license.
- Some experience (depending upon the company sponsoring you) in Urban Farming.
- A sound knowledge of all the techniques of Vertical Farming, including operating machinery.
- Good communication skills in English. Some employers required high school education for proving English language proficiency.
Related: Cleaner Waste Management Jobs in Abu Dhabi 2023 (Apply Online)
Responsibilities of an Urban Farmer:
Anyone having a passion for fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs packed with health benefits, gardening, and farming is ideal for becoming an urban Farmer in Japan.
- Pick and pack Infarm vegetables and herbs in order to provide clients with the highest quality service while minimizing crop loss.
- Taking care of the cleanliness of in-store farms in accordance with the company’s quality, safety, and environmental standards and procedures.
- Cultivating all yield (herbs and leafy vegetables) using the company’s proprietary hydroponic cultivation equipment and cutting-edge indoor vertical farming technique.
- Use the Infarm app to record harvests and report problems with the yield (any vegetables or herbs). Moreover, using the app for daily billing for Infarm’s customers (such as retailers and supermarkets).
- Report customer feedback and services request in accordance with Infarm’s policies and procedures.
The average salary of an Urban Farmer in Japan:
A farmer’s average salary vary drastically based on experience, skills, location, or gender. However, according to Salary Explorer, A person working as a Farmer in Japan typically earns around 169,000 JPY per month, including housing, transport, and other benefits. Salaries range from 91,100 JPY (lowest) to 255,000 JPY (highest).
Related: Messenger Jobs in Dubai and Sharjah 2023 (Apply online)
How to search for Urban Farmer Jobs in Japan?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are the prime sources to find Urban Farming Jobs in Japan for foreigners. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor are some of the most famous job sources in Japan and other Asian countries. Here are some useful tips to find more Urban Farming Jobs in Japan:
- Google “Famous job search portals in Japan”, and “Job searching websites in Japan.”All the popular, reliable, and responsive job search portals would be displayed in front of you.
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Urban Farming Jobs in Japan for foreigners” or “ Farmer Jobs in Japan ” Select Japan or Tokyo in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Agricultural Jobs in Japan for foreigners”, “Farm Worker Jobs in Japan for foreigners”, “Fruit/ Vegetables/Herb Picker, Packer Jobs in Japan”, ” jobs in Infarm Japan for foreigners”, “Greenhouse staff jobs in Japan.”
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail
Related: Farmer Jobs in Croatia with Visa Sponsorship 2023 (Apply Online)
How to Apply?
You can make an account on any online job searching website or online newspapers, log in, and submit your CV to apply. For this job ad, click below to apply directly on the ad website:
More Visa-sponsored Jobs in Japan:
Click here to find all Visa-sponsored job roles in Japan: