Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship: Agriculture is the largest sector in Canada’s economy and the Canadian government but is currently facing a shortage of workers. That’s why the Canadian government has announced visa sponsorship on Agricultural/ Farm Jobs to hire 447,055 foreign workers in 2023 and 451,000 foreign workers in 2024. This year, nearly one million jobs are advertised on media and online in Canadian Agricultural Sector. In 2021, Canada’s Farm/Agri-food Sector employed 2.1 million Canada with a 68 % share of Canada’s GDP.
As Science and Technology are progressing day by day and more and more jobs are offered at different Canadian companies related to science, technology, and business for qualified and highly educated fellows. Besides these educated job roles, there are many jobs also that do not require much education or experience in 2023. A number of fruit picker jobs in Canada are now open with visa sponsorship for all international applicants out there who want to earn a handsome earning abroad in a developed country like Canada. Today, we have come up with another amazing fruit picking job opportunity in Canada with visa sponsorship i.e. Grapes Picking Job. Looking at the agricultural statistics provided by Statista, we come to know that the area cultivated for grapes production has jumped up from 30.93 thousand acres of land to 34.16 acres of land. Let’s jump into the details of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada in 2023 with visa sponsorship:
Details of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023:
- Job title: Fruit Picker.
- Location: Canada.
- Job Industry: Farm/ Agriculture Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some Canadian provinces like Alberta.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in Canada.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in Canada, and he must meet all immigration requirements to get eligible for visa sponsorship.
Benefits of Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023:
According to the various random job postings online, here are some of the common perks and benefits offered by employers:
- Visa Sponsorship/ Procurement Assistance
- Relocation Support.
- Candidates don’t have to pay the Application fees and the Canadian embassy in their home country helps them in securing visas and all paperwork.
- Many employers free accommodation near the job site and some offer free one-time meals or subsidized meals. Some employers offer relocation support.
- Some employers offer subsidized transport programs.
- Attractive Salary Package i.e. UpTo CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Long-term employee benefits, employee social benefits, and other additional benefits.
- All employees and farm workers will get medical insurance during their stay in Canada. This insurance will cover all the expenses for your medical, injuries, and accidents.
- According to working rules in the Canadian Agriculture sector, once you complete your 3 years as a fruit picker in Canada with one specified employer, then the employer applies for your permanent residency on your behalf. After that, you get entitled to bring your family as well.
- A very vast job market as Canada has a rich fruit production and has many natural fields, orchards, and manmade greenhouses.
- Grapes are cultivated widely in major Canadian cities and provinces.
Famous Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023:
The increased demand from Canadian and American retailers and consumers for a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables produce all year round is the triggering factor behind the growth of the greenhouse industry in the continent of North America. The fruits mentioned below are produced in the highest quantities in Canadian greenhouses. Therefore, a new immigrant seeking a job in Canadian Fruit Picking Sector should seek a job in such fruit farms:
Canada is famous worldwide for its fresh, year-round greenhouse fruit produce. Besides natural fields and orchards of fresh fruits and vegetables, there are many man-made greenhouses to meet the retailers’ and consumers’ demands. According to Agriculture. Canada.Ca, Canada is also the only North American country that publishes annual official government statistics on greenhouse fruit production.
- Spartan Apples.
- Saskatoon Serviceberry.
- Easy-peel Citrus Products.
According to information from the Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations, the nation produced about 101,095.0 tonnes of grapes in 2020. The production of grapes in Canada reportedly increased from 2,200 metric tonnes in 2021 to 2,750 metric tonnes in 2022, according to a 2022 report published by the U.S. Department of Agriculture. Around 60% to 70% of all Canadian grape production is produced in Ontario, which is the nation’s top grape grower. The domestic consumption of grapes was recorded at 18,750 metric tonnes in 2021, as per USDA’s report published in 2022. Data from Statistics Canada indicates that around 2.58 kg of grapes per person was consumed in 2021. Additionally, grape imports in the country increased from 210,323 metric tonnes in 2019 to 212,411 metric tonnes in 2020, as per Statistics Canada. Thus, the rising production and consumption of grapes in the country are driving the growth of the table grape market.
Job Responsibilities of a Grape Picker:
- Picking grapes from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the grapes in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning grape trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning grape bunches from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten grapes.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
Average Salary of a Grape Picker in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
The average Salary of an entry-level grape-picker depends upon many other factors except his experience like where he is employed, employer’s salary rules, location, shift timing, etc. However, according to Ca Talent, The average pay for a grape picker in Canada averages around CAD 27,719- CAD 30,225 a year or between CAD 18 per hour. As this employer is paying you an hourly rate of CAD 15-20, in light of these survey statistics (gathered from random employers and employees all over Canada), this employer is paying you fairly.
How to Apply for More Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in Canada for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship.”
- Select your desired city or region in Canada in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.