Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 with Visa Sponsorship: As Science and Technology are progressing day by day and more and more jobs are offered at different Canadian companies related to science, technology, and business for qualified and highly educated fellows. Besides these educated job roles, there are many jobs also that do not require much education or experience in 2023. A number of fruit picker jobs in Canada are now open with visa sponsorship for all international applicants out there who want to earn a handsome earning abroad in a developed country like Canada. Today, we have come up with another amazing fruit picking job opportunity in Canada with visa sponsorship i.e. Pear Picking Jobs.
Today’s post is undoubtedly the most important one among the Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada Series because we are talking today about the most widely produced, consumed, and exported fruit in Canada i.e. blueberries. In 2022, approximately 199,307 acres of land were used for the cultivation of blueberries in Canada, down from approximately 200,134 acres the previous year. The area dedicated to blueberry production increased from 150 thousand acres to nearly 200 thousand acres.
According to Fresh Fruits Portal, The main region of cultivated blueberries is in western Canada, exactly British Columbia (BC) where 96% of production occurs. However, this is just 15% of the total blueberry acreage in the country. The other 85% is located in the east, in the Quebec region where all wild blueberry production is concentrated.
The United States continues to be the dominant source market for Canada’s imports of fresh wild blueberries. This creates competition for locally grown wild blueberries in the local market. However, increased acreage in Canada could indicate a coming period of lower import demand.
Canada also exports some of its blueberries, between 2012-21, 21% of its production went to exports.
The big focus on blueberry exports is frozen blueberry fruit, Canada is the largest exporter of frozen blueberries globally, mainly towards the U.S. market, but also to the EU.
Exporters have also started to look at the Asian market, as exports of frozen blueberries have increased to China and most recently to Japan.
Details of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- 1 Details of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- 2 Requirements of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- 3 Benefits of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- 4 Job Responsibilities of a Berry Picker:
- 5 Some Common Questions regarding Berry Picking in Canada:
- 6 Which Fruit Farms are best to get a Job as a Fruit Picker- Famous Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with the option of a Seasonal Work Visa
- 7 Famous Blueberry Farms in Canada:
- 8 How to Apply for More Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- Job title: Fruit Picker/ Berry Picker/ Backpacker
- Location: Canada.
- Job Industry: Farm/ Agriculture Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some Canadian provinces like Alberta.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in Canada.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in Canada, and he must meet all immigration requirements to get eligible for visa sponsorship.
Related: Grapes Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2023 (Apply Online)
Benefits of Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship:
According to the various random job postings online, here are some of the common perks and benefits offered by employers:
- Visa Sponsorship/ Procurement Assistance
- Relocation Support.
- Candidates don’t have to pay the Application fees and the Canadian embassy in their home country helps them in securing visas and all paperwork.
- Many employers free accommodation near the job site and some offer free one-time meals or subsidized meals. Some employers offer relocation support.
- Some employers offer subsidized transport programs.
- Attractive Salary Package i.e. UpTo CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Long-term employee benefits, employee social benefits, and other additional benefits.
- All employees and farm workers will get medical insurance during their stay in Canada. This insurance will cover all the expenses for your medical, injuries, and accidents.
- According to working rules in the Canadian Agriculture sector, once you complete your 3 years as a fruit picker in Canada with one specified employer, then the employer applies for your permanent residency on your behalf. After that, you get entitled to bring your family as well.
- A very vast job market as Canada has a rich fruit production and has many natural fields, orchards, and manmade greenhouses.
- Blueberries are cultivated throughout the Canadian territory.
Job Responsibilities of a Berry Picker:
- Picking berries from the fields, orchards, and gardens.
- Separate the rotten and damaged berry pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the berries in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning grape trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning peaches from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten peaches.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
- As frozen berry is a crucial Canadian export, you have to work in cold storage rooms or chillers.
Related: Warehouse Worker Jobs in Arizona, USA with Visa Sponsorship 2023
Some Common Questions regarding Berry Picking in Canada:
1. What is the Berry Growing season in Canada?
July-September. However, frozen berries are available all year round.
2. Is education or experience necessary for berry picking jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
No. education or experience is not compulsory.
3. What is the average salary of a berry picker in Canada with a Visa Sponsorship?
4. What are common visa options available for peach pickers in Canada?
Seasonal Worker Visa/ Working Holiday Visa.
5. What is the best Canadian Province to work as a Berry Picker?
Ontario and British Columbia.
Which Fruit Farms are best to get a Job as a Fruit Picker- Famous Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada with the option of a Seasonal Work Visa
The increased demand from Canadian and American retailers and consumers for a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables produce all year round is the triggering factor behind the growth of the greenhouse industry in the continent of North America. The fruits mentioned below are produced in the highest quantities in Canadian greenhouses. Therefore, a new immigrant seeking a job in Canadian Fruit Picking Sector should seek a job in the farms producing the most famous fruits in Canada:
- Spartan Apples.
- Saskatoon Serviceberry.
- Easy-peel Citrus Products.
Famous Blueberry Farms in Canada:
Most of them are located in Ontario and British Columbia:
- Thomas Blueberry Farm.
- SNP Blueberries Farm Limited.
- A&G Blueberry Farm.
- Sandhu Farms.
- Meadow Berry Farms.
- Mahapreet Blueberry Farms.
- JP Farms.
- Blueberry Knoll Berry Farm.
- Klassen Farms and many more.
Related: Warehouse Worker Jobs in Sharjah with Visa Sponsorship 2023 (Apply Online)
How to Apply for More Blueberry Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in Canada for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship.”
- Select Tasmania, Australia in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.