Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in New Zealand for International Applicants 2023: Want to work and settle in New Zealand? You can go to the land of apples and strawberries while not being so well-educated or experienced in any modern or high-tech field. This post is being created with the aim of discussing one such amazing opportunity with you.
We are talking about Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in New Zealand for International Applicants in 2023. Auckland is the “strawberry hub” of New Zealand, that’s why we will discuss today the Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Auckland, New Zealand. To state a fact, 15 million+ pounds of strawberries are harvested every year. That roughly makes up to 40 million jars of strawberry jam! Strawberries along with apples, cranberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, etc.
In 2020, Before Covid-19, there were approximately 13.5 million Strawberry Plants in New Zealand with a $32.5 Million Industry Value and 9183 ton Strawberry Volume. Shortage of International and local workers in and after the pandemic and curtail of exports due to soaring airfares created a huge room in the Strawberry Picking Industry of New Zealand. Securing a strawberry picking/ packing job in Canada would be a very rewarding career and a smart choice, as strawberries are grown in every Canadian province. Read on below to find more details about Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
Details about Strawberry Picking/ Packing Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- 1 Details about Strawberry Picking/ Packing Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- 2 Requirements of Strawberries Picking/ Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- 3 Benefits of Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs 2023 in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship:
- 4 Some Common Questions regarding Strawberry Picking in New Zealand:
- 5 Which area of New Zealand is greatest in Strawberry Production/ Where I can find most of the strawberry picking jobs in New Zealand?
- 6 What is the Strawberry Picking Season in New Zealand?
- 7 What is the best time to plant strawberries in New Zealand?
- 8 The most famous Strawberry Picking Farms in New Zealand for International Applicants?
- 9 How to Apply for Strawberry Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- Job Title: Strawberry Picker/ Fruit Picker
- Job country: New Zealand
- Employing Agency: Strawberry Growers NZ.
- Who can apply: All nationalities are eligible to apply
- Work Location: Auckland, New Zealand.
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Expected Salary: $15-20/Hour
- Free Food: Sometimes, Depends upon the employer
- Free Accommodation: Yes
Requirements of Strawberries Picking/ Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- No formal minimum education is required. From the Secondary school level to the master’s degree holders can apply.
- No experience is needed. However, experienced applicants are preferred.
- Good communication in the English language is a must.
- All essential and supporting visa documents.
- Applicant must be able to legally work in Canada.
- A valid job offer (not more than 2 years ago) from an employer.
- To apply under Agri Food Pilot Program, Applicant must be eligible for Agri-Food Immigration Pilot Program.
Benefits of Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs 2023 in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship:
- No formal education is required.
- No experience is required.
- No age limit.
- Most employers free accommodation.
- Most employers offer free medical.
- You can apply for permanent residence after a certain time as New Zealand’s Immigration Conditions are easy and accommodating.
- If you are already in New Zealand as a temporary or permanent resident, a fruit-picking job is the best option for side income.
- As strawberries are grown in the whole of New Zealand, you can get jobs all over Canada without any difficulty.
- A lot of employers offer free/ subsidized food, and free/ subsidized transport as well.
- Paid overtime, paid vacations, and paid holidays system.
- You have morning to late night shifts to choose from.
- The Job is open to all international applicants without any restrictions on a nationality basis. Anyone is welcome to apply including foreigners outside New Zealand.
Some Common Questions regarding Strawberry Picking in New Zealand:
Which area of New Zealand is greatest in Strawberry Production/ Where I can find most of the strawberry picking jobs in New Zealand?
The Greater Auckland Region.
What is the Strawberry Picking Season in New Zealand?
The strawberry season in New Zealand lasts from November to March. Over 40% of kiwi strawberries (the most popular strawberry kind in New Zealand) are grown in greater Auckland, but you can find them all around the country.
What is the best time to plant strawberries in New Zealand?
The ideal time to plant strawberries in New Zealand is from June to October in the northern regions (warmer regions), and August to October in the cooler regions (southern regions).
The most famous Strawberry Picking Farms in New Zealand for International Applicants?
- Strawberry Farm Papakura.
- Zaknich Farms.
- Good Planet.
- George’s Strawberry Garden.
- Bell’s Berries.
- Strawberry Corner.
- Danube Orchards.
- Phil Greig Strawberry Gardens.
How to Apply for Strawberry Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in New Zealand with visa sponsorship/ for foreigners”, “Fruit Picking/ Packing Jobs in New Zealand for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in New Zealand for foreigners”, “Seasonal Jobs in New Zealand for foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs in New Zealand for foreigners.”
- Select Auckland, New Zealand as your desired location to make your search results more precise.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.