Are you looking for a Kitchen Assistant/ Helper job? If you are not a professional-level chef/waiter, you can still get Hotel jobs with decent pay. UAE is the most targeted migration destination for Asian and African people because of its strong economy and its almost sole reliance on a foreign/immigrant workforce. UAE’s local population is very low, and for all educated and uneducated job roles, they depend on Asian and European workers. The UAE is populated by foreign tourists and immigrants. That’s the reason you can find all types of job roles there: experienced, inexperienced, skilled, unskilled, etc.
A Kitchen assistant job is an easy and desirable job role for those jobseekers who are not well educated and are in entry-level positions (less than 5 years of experience). It is a physically demanding job, as you have to stand for long hours, but it is easy in the sense that it does not require much knowledge or experience. Many Overseas Employment Promoters and visa agencies are active in Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, and African countries to export potential international workers to UAE companies.
They advertise various job openings throughout the year through newspaper ads and online job search portals. This job vacancy has been announced by EKFC (Emirates Flight Catering Services). It is the most famous in-flight catering service in the world, providing catering and ancillary services (food production, airport lounge food, beverages, laundry, and VIP, and Private Jet Catering services) for Emirates and all flights at Dubai International Airport. According to Emirates’ website, this service employs over 11,000 employees and serving over 100 airline clients. You can know all the necessary job details_ salary package, location, industry, mode of working, etc. In the bottom-most section of the post, you can apply online directly by clicking on the “Apply Now” button.
Job Details of EKFC Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UAE with Visa Sponsorship:
- 1 Job Details of EKFC Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UAE with Visa Sponsorship:
- 2 Requirements of Kitchen Assistant Jobs at EKFC Flights :
- 3 Benefits of Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UAE 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
- 4 Job obligations/ responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant with Visa Sponsorship in UAE:
- 5 Average Salary of a Kitchen Assistant in UAE 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
- 6 Where can I find a free online Kitchen Assistant course?
- 7 How to find more Kitchen Assistant jobs in UAE/ How to search for more Kitchen assistant jobs in UAE with Visa Sponsorship?
- 8 How to apply?
- Job title: Kitchen Assistant
- Job Company: EKFC (Emirates Flight Catering Services)
- No.of vacancies: 50 M/F
- Free Food: Yes
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Medical Insurance: Yes
- Employee benefits: Yes
- Age limit: 21-40
- Expected Salary: 900 Dirham+ Overtime
- Duty hours: 8 hours a day. The day off depends on your shift schedule
- Job type: Shift basis, On-Contract
Requirements of Kitchen Assistant Jobs at EKFC Flights :
As per the paper ad, job requirements are not too much or too lengthy. Here are some of those main eligibility criteria requirements:
- Minimum 2 years experience.
- Must know how to speak, read, and write basic English.
- Visa documentation as required by the agency.
- Any specific qualification requirement is not mentioned. However, having any professional culinary course, catering course or kitchen Assistant course (as many free online courses are available nowadays) can boost your employment chances.
Related: Delivery Drivers Jobs in USA 2023 with Visa Sponsorship (Apply Online)
Benefits of Kitchen Assistant Jobs in UAE 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
- Good and consistent performance gets you eligible for permanent employment and residence.
- Free Catering food during meal times to their staff.
- Free Accommodation.
- All Medical expenses are covered by the company.
- Attractive salary package (900 Dirham + Overtime).
- Paid overtime.
- All perks and privileges as mentioned in the UAE labour law.
- No knowledge is required.
- Not high experience is required
- Agency grants visa guarantee.
- No interview fees.
- No.of hirings are not too less, which means less severe competition.
- Both males and females can apply.
Job obligations/ responsibilities of a Kitchen Assistant with Visa Sponsorship in UAE:
- Assisting cook with ingredients Preparation.
- Performing dishwashing/ cleaning duties.
- Cleaning kitchen parallely with dish Preparation/ clearing out all cooking mess.
- Cleaning refrigerators, and freezers.
- Disposing of garbage and washing garbage cans.
- Taking care of stock inventory, and storage rooms to ensure that ingredients are always available and full.
- Cleaning pantry, and food storage rooms.
- Keeping an eye on food wastage from customers’ leftovers (that could be potentially recycled due to being untouched/ hygienic).
- Unloading delivered food supplies and storing all supplies in an organized manner.
- Fetching/ Transferring all food supplies from the storage room or area to the kitchen promptly as cook needs and orders them.
- Heating/Refrigeration/ Freezing/ Foil Covering food items (like hot beverages, soups, sauces, and desserts) as per the dish’s requirements. In case of a heavy workload, you have to prepare them to help the cook.
Average Salary of a Kitchen Assistant in UAE 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
It depends upon the overall profile of the candidate, like where he works, how much experience he has, for the whole he has worked in the past, etc. But, according to all popular online job search and wage-indicating portals like Salary Expert, Grab Jobs, Indeed, Glassdoor, etc, the average salary of an entry-level kitchen helper (0-3 years of experience) earns an average salary of 1,000 per month. Sometimes, these salary figures are due to various factors (location, employer, respective years of experience in the entry-level spectrum), and the average salary of a kitchen Assistant goes as high as 2,225 per month.
Related: Painter Jobs in New Zealand with Visa Sponsorship 2023 (Apply Online)
Where can I find a free online Kitchen Assistant course?
There are hundreds of famous platforms for online/ digital courses. For example, Alison, Coursera, Udemy, etc. You can apply for the online course by clicking on the link below:
Click here to enroll in the free course
How to find more Kitchen Assistant jobs in UAE/ How to search for more Kitchen assistant jobs in UAE with Visa Sponsorship?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are the best sources. By turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. LinkedIn, Indeed, Jobs.Laimoon.com are some of the most famous job sources in the UAE. Here are some of useful tips to find more Kitchen Assistant or Kitchen helper jobs in the UAE. Some of them also offer visa sponsorship.
- Google “Famous job search portals in UAE”, “Job searching websites UAE” or “Jobs in UAE”.All the popular, reliable, and responsive job search portals will be displayed in front of you.
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like “Kitchen Assistant / Helper Jobs”. Select UAE as your desired region in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Kitchen Jobs in UAE”, “Restaurant Jobs in UAE”, “Hotel Jobs in UAE”, etc.
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Wait for the reply and keep checking your mailbox.
How to apply?
Nowadays, it’s very easy. you can find your desired job through online job search sources by using the method above. Here is given the link to the official website of Emirates Flight Catering Services. Submit your CV, and apply for the job. If the interviewer shortlists you, he would give you a brief phone call.