Farm jobs in Switzerland for foreigners 2023 is the best opportunity for those people who are not so much educated, but they want good paying jobs in any one of the European countries. Switzerland is a picturesque country with mesmerizing countryside and landscapes. That’s why the country has many active farm jobs all across Switzerland, besides being the most peaceful country in the world, it has the highest wage and lowest tax rates. Farm jobs in Switzerland are one of the highest demanded jobs in the country. Thus, for foreigners, no job can be a better option than the most sought-after job.
In this post, we will tell you the complete procedure and step-by-step guidelines to apply for this job. You can know all the important job details like what benefits do you get in lieu of the requirements it has. If you want a farm job in Switzerland, you must read this article.
As Science and Technology are progressing day by day and more and more jobs are offered at different Swiss companies related to science, technology, and business for qualified and highly educated fellows. Besides these educated job roles, there are many jobs also that do not require much education or experience in 2023. A number of fruit picker jobs in Switzerland are now open with visa sponsorship for all international applicants out there who want to earn a handsome earning abroad in a developed country like Switzerland. Let’s jump into the details of Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland in 2023 with visa sponsorship:
Details of Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for Foreigners 2023:
- Job title: Farm Jobs
- Industry: Agriculture
- Country: Switzerland
- Minimum age: 21-40 years
- Knowledge required: Yes, not much
- Experience required: Yes, not much
- Job Nature: Full-time
- Expected Salary: CHF 14 per hour
- Free Food: Yes
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Transport: No
- Free Medical Insurance: No
Requirements of Fruit Picking in Switzerland for Foreigners 2023:
- No minimum education is required. No diploma, degree, or certification.
- You should have excellent skills in English communication.
- No minimum experience is required.
- You have to undergo complete training before your full-time job starts.
- You should have prior basic knowledge about crop (vegetables, animals) farming, animal tending, animal health check, and operating basic farm machinery.
- A valid and attested driver’s license of your home country and an abstract driving record check.
- Criminal record check.
- You may be required to perform overtime often.
- Physically demanding as you have to work in a fast-paced environment and have to walk often. You are also required to handle heavy loads of packed crops.
- All essential and supporting visa documents.
Job Responsibilities/Obligations of a Fruit Picker:
- Picking fruits from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the fruit in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning fruit trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning fruits from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten pieces.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
Where to find Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for Foreigners 2023?
- Zuma Fox.
- One World 365.
- Job Scout 24.
- Job and Salary Abroad.
- Just Landed.
- Any work Anywhere.
- Picking Jobs.
- English Jobs Switzerland (a Facebook group).
- Work in Switzerland (Facebook group)
- Farm Jobs Switzerland (a Facebook group).
- WWOOF Switzerland.
What types of Farms in Switzerland have jobs for foreigners?
Out of 50,000 Swiss Farms growing edible crops, according to various accredited web sources, the following farms have fruit picking Jobs for foreigners:
- Strawberries Farms.
- Grapes Farms.
- Wheat Farms.
- Potato Farms.
- Bread Cereal Grain Farms.
- Rapeseed Farms.
- Sugarbeet Farms.
- Barley Farms.
- Rye Farms.
- Species-rich bee pastures.
- Raspberries Farms.
- Currant Farms.
- Blueberries Farms.
- Gooseberry Farms.
- Apple Farms.
- Apricots Farms.
- Cherries Farms.
- Peaches Farms.
- Pumpkin Farms.
- Dairy Farms.
Famous Fruit Farms in Switzerland Offering Fruit Picking Jobs to Foreigners:
- Jucker Farm.
- Le Ferme Des 4 Salsons.
- Emmentaler Schaukaeserei.
- Kartause Ittingen.
- Juckerhof Erlebnisbauernhof.
- Les Cueillettes de Landecy.
- Family Walters Farms.
- Swiss Lachs.
- Sunnehof Farm.
- Hof Herrendingen.
Benefits of Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for Foreigners:
- Permenant job; no contract.
- Free Accommodation near the workplace (Mostly included in the job contract).
- Free and Fresh Food (Mostly included in the job contract).
- No qualifications are required.
- No experience is required.
- Attractive Salary Package.
- Natural environment.
- Easy nature of the job.
How to find Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners in 2023?
Here are some common tips to find Fruit picking Jobs in Switzerland online:
- International Job search giants like Indeed and LinkedIn. In the case of agricultural/ farm jobs like fruit picking, one worldwide job-searching giant is WWOOF.
- Swiss job search portals like Jobup.Ch, De.indeed.com, and Holiday.de.
- Online query-sharing platforms like Quora and Reddit.
- Find international farms in Switzerland hiring international labour or local Swiss Farms having a shortage of workers by googling about them. Another wise thing to do is to search about harvest season of the respective famous fruits of all Swiss cantons. When harvest season is at peak, more and more workers are required.
- Contacts employers directly.
- Search about employees ranked/ popular fruit farms in your desired location in Switzerland.
How do Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are good and responsive sources to find Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland with visa sponsorship. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. Jobup.ch is the biggest online job search portal in Switzerland. Whether it is Fruit Picking Jobs or any other highly skilled job role. Here are some useful tips to find more Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland:
- Google Jobup.ch or any other major job searching site in Switzerland (you can search about them first).
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Fruit Picking Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners ” Select any major city of Switzerland (like Geneva) or it’s any famous countryside (like Zermatt) area in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Fruit / Vegetables Picking Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “ Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners ”, Farm Foreman Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “Jobs in Swiss Greenhouses” etc.
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail.