Looking for unskilled jobs in Australia? Your dream of moving to Australia for work is about to come true as many companies in Australia are currently hiring unskilled workers for some jobs that do not require any specific skills. In this post, we will provide you complete details on how to get unskilled jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship, and also provide links to websites where you can easily apply for these jobs.
It is important to note that some companies are willing to provide visa sponsorship for their foreign workers, which means you have a better chance of working in Australia. We have compiled a list of active unskilled jobs in Australia, and we can assure you that companies are willing to hire foreigners for these positions.
To increase your chances of getting hired, be sure to read the full details of each job opening and follow the application process carefully. Applying for these unskilled jobs in Australia is now easier than ever through the links provided below.
So, what are you waiting for? Start searching the list of unskilled jobs in Australia and take the first step towards your dream of working in this beautiful country. With a little effort and determination, you can soon be living and working in Australia.
- Country: Australia
- Job type: Unskilled
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: No
- Age Limit: Minimum 22 Years
- Visa Sponsorship: Some companies offer
- Salary: 20 AUD/ Hour
Related: Australia Truck Driver Jobs for Foreigners 2023
- Australia offers good wages
- Some companies are willing to provide visa sponsorship
- Exposure to a New Culture
- Improved Language Skills
- Career Opportunities
Who can apply
Anyone who is legally allowed to work in Australia can apply for these unskilled jobs. This includes Australian citizens, permanent residents, and those with valid work visas or permits.
Foreign workers can also apply for these unskilled jobs if they meet the required criteria and have the necessary permits or visas to work in Australia. However, it’s essential to check the eligibility requirements for each job opening and ensure that you have the necessary documentation before applying.
As per the national minimum wage in Australia, the current minimum wage for full-time adult workers is AUD 20.33 per hour or AUD 772.60 per 38-hour week before tax. However, some unskilled jobs may pay more than this, especially if you have prior experience or skills that are in high demand.
Some common unskilled jobs in Australia and their average salaries include:
- Fruit Picker/Harvester: AUD 20-25 per hour
- Farm Worker/Laborer: AUD 20-25 per hour
- Cleaner: AUD 20-25 per hour
- Retail Assistant: AUD 20-25 per hour
- Warehouse Worker: AUD 20-25 per hour
Related: Unskilled Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship (Application Process)
List of Available Unskilled Jobs in Australia
Fruit picking or harvesting is a popular unskilled job in Australia, especially during the harvest season. This job involves picking fruits such as apples, berries, grapes, and citrus fruits from farms or orchards.
- Inspecting fruits for quality and ripeness
- Picking fruits by hand or using tools such as ladders or cherry pickers
- Sorting and packing fruits in crates or containers
- Operating machinery such as tractors, harvesters, or pruning equipment
- Maintaining clean and safe work areas
Farm workers and laborers are responsible for performing various tasks related to farming, such as planting, harvesting, and maintaining crops or caring for livestock. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in rural areas.
- Preparing soil for planting crops
- Planting, pruning, and harvesting crops
- Feeding, watering, and caring for livestock
- Operating and maintaining farm machinery and equipment
- Sorting, packing, and transporting produce
- Maintaining fences, buildings, and other farm structures
- Cleaning and sanitizing farm equipment and facilities
Cleaners are responsible for cleaning and maintaining public spaces, offices, or private homes. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in cities and towns.
- Dusting, sweeping, and mopping floors
- Cleaning bathrooms and kitchens
- Vacuuming carpets and upholstery
- Disinfecting surfaces and equipment
- Removing trash and recyclables
- Restocking supplies such as toilet paper and soap
- Reporting any maintenance issues or safety hazards
Retail assistants are responsible for assisting customers in stores, supermarkets, or malls. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in urban areas with high foot traffic.
- Greeting customers and answering their questions
- Assisting customers in finding products or sizes
- Operating cash registers and handling payments
- Stocking shelves and organizing merchandise
- Keeping the store clean and tidy
- Monitoring inventory levels and reporting discrepancies
- Processing returns and exchanges
- Promoting sales and new products
Related: Visa Sponsorship Truck Driver Jobs In USA 2023
Warehouse workers are responsible for performing various tasks related to receiving, storing, and shipping goods in a warehouse or distribution center. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in areas with high industrial activity.
- Receiving and inspecting incoming goods
- Sorting and storing goods in the warehouse
- Picking and packing orders for shipment
- Operating forklifts, pallet jacks, and other warehouse equipment
- Maintaining inventory records and reports
- Loading and unloading trucks and containers
- Keeping the warehouse clean and organized
Construction laborers are responsible for performing various tasks related to construction sites. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in the construction industry.
- Loading and unloading materials and equipment
- Digging and backfilling trenches
- Cleaning and preparing construction sites
- Assisting with concrete pouring and finishing
- Erecting and dismantling scaffolding and other temporary structures
- Operating hand and power tools
- Assisting skilled tradespeople such as electricians, plumbers, and carpenters
- Following safety procedures and regulations
Food Service Worker
Food service workers are responsible for preparing and serving food and beverages in restaurants, cafes, and other food service establishments. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially in urban areas with high tourism activity.
- Taking orders from customers and entering them into the computer system
- Preparing and cooking food items such as burgers, sandwiches, and salads
- Operating kitchen equipment such as grills, fryers, and ovens
- Serving food and drinks to customers
- Cleaning and sanitizing work areas, utensils, and equipment
- Handling cash, credit cards, and other forms of payment
- Assisting with inventory management and ordering supplies
- Following food safety procedures and regulations
Delivery drivers are responsible for transporting goods and packages to customers or businesses. This unskilled job is in demand in Australia, especially with the rise of online shopping and home delivery services. Some common duties of delivery drivers include:
- Loading packages and goods into the delivery vehicle
- Planning the delivery route and navigating to the destination
- Delivering packages to customers or businesses
- Obtaining signatures and verifying the identities of customers
- Collecting payments for cash-on-delivery (COD) orders
- Handling and reporting any delivery issues or delays
- Maintaining delivery records and vehicle logs
- Following traffic rules and safety procedures
How to Apply
The easiest way to apply for all these jobs in Australia is through the job portal website where you can search for the job title and see many available jobs related to your keywords. Below are some job postings to help you find jobs in Australia.