Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland 2023 for International Applicants (2023) is a golden job opportunity for agricultural jobseekers. Fruit Picker Jobs always have a vast job market because there are many types of full-time, part-time, seasonal, contract-based, and freelance jobs available. According to Polish Government’s official Employment Database, back in 2019, 72,523 work permits were issued, in 2020, 66,655, and in 2023, this number increased to 81,995 permits for foreign workers. Croatia is a safe place to live with comparatively low average costs of living. People working in Croatian farms work on a seasonal basis mostly.
Moreover, It claims that regarding the activities in which foreign nationals are mostly employed in Croatia, construction is the leader (29,702), followed by catering, hospitality, and tourism (26,211), industry (9,467), transport and communications (3,765), and agriculture and fishing (1,678). So, farm and agriculture workers have high job prospects in Poland. While it is true that EU citizens are more welcomed in Croatia and other EU countries. Moreover, they have access to almost every skilled and unskilled job because they are preferred over non-EU citizens. However, there are many jobs for English-Speaking applicants, especially the ones available on a seasonal basis (like international schools, hotels, agribusiness, travel and tourism sector, etc.)
Keeping in view the high job prospects of farm and agricultural workers in Poland, this post has published the details of Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants (2023). Let’s get to know about them:
Details of Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants (2023):
- 1 Details of Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants (2023):
- 2 Job Requirements for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants (2023):
- 3 Responsibilities of a Fruit Picker in Poland:
- 4 Job Benefits for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants:
- 5 Average Salary of a Fruit Picker in Poland:
- 6 Most common Farm Jobs in Poland 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- 7 How to Apply for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland?
- 8 How to Apply for More Visa-Sponsored Jobs in Poland?
- Job title: Fruit Picker.
- Location: Poland, Europe
- Minimum knowledge: High School
- Minimum experience: 1-2 years
- Free food: No
- Free Accommodation: Mostly Yes
- Free Medical and Health Insurance: Mostly Yes
- Free Transport: No
- Duty timing: 8 hours a day/ 5 days a week
- Contract duration: 2 years
- Overtime: Depends upon each company’s rules.
Job Requirements for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants (2023):
According to various web sources, here are some of the main job requirements for the farmer’s Jobs in Poland:
- Previous experience in the farm industry.
- High School education to prove basic level proficiency in writing, reading, and speaking English.
- Physical stamina to perform manual labour and standing for long hours.
- Knowledge of best farming practices and how to operate farm machinery.
- Excellent hand-eye coordination.
- Must know/ able to devise farming and breeding strategies.
Responsibilities of a Fruit Picker in Poland:
- Performing pre-harvest activities like weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, repairing fences, moving, and setting posts for orchard fences.
- Picking fruits from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the fruit in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning apple trees, peach trees, and cherries trees.
- According to General standards of fruit picking and grading, injured/ wasted fruits shouldn’t be able to exceed 2 %.
- Pickers must be able to pick a minimum of 16.5 bushels per hour.
- Must be physically able to climb a ladder as well as move it throughout the orchard.
- As picked fruit will be placed in a molded-plastic, canvas-covered picking bucket with canvas straps that rest on the shoulders, it may impart a friction-induced injury to the body.
- Workers must be adept and trained to perform manual activities with accuracy and efficiency.
- A worker should be willing to work/ work with all safety hazards in the environment exposed to pesticides, extreme temperatures, light rain, and allergens.
Job Benefits for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland for International Applicants:
Polish Labor Law is very friendly towards foreigners and offers them a lot of benefits and privileges like its residents. Here are some main job benefits for Farmer Jobs in Poland with visa sponsorship:
- Most employers offer free accommodation near the place of residence.
- Most employers offer free health insurance and pay for your medical expenses.
- The wage rate is competitive and fair.
- Poland is an affordable country to live in as compared with its neighboring countries.
- All benefits are mentioned in the Polish Labor Law.
Average Salary of a Fruit Picker in Poland:
The average salary of a Fruit Picker in Poland varies according to experience, skills, gender, location, type of farm, and from one employer to another. However, according to the Salary Explorer, a person working as a Farmer in Poland typically earns around 1200 Euro per month. Salaries range from 710 EUR (lowest) to 1630 EUR (highest). Moreover, this average monthly salary includes other benefits like housing, transport, and other allowances.
Most common Farm Jobs in Poland 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- Fruit/Vegetable Picker and Packer.
- Farm workers.
- Farm Supervisors.
- Farm Hands.
- Farm technicians.
- Greenhouse labour.
- Cultivation Technicians.
- Seed technicians.
- Harvesting Technicians.
- Crop consultants.
- Nursery and Grounds associates.
- Farm Operator.
- Farm Department Head.
- Agriculture Chemical Mixer.
How to Apply for Fruit Picker Jobs in Poland?
Click below to apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in Poland:
How to Apply for More Visa-Sponsored Jobs in Poland?
Click below to apply for more visa-sponsored jobs in Poland: