Australia hiring foreign workers 2023: Is Australia your dream destination? Don’t have any degree or any experience in a well-known organization? Don’t worry. You can still get a chance to move there with a well-paid job.
Australia is facing a severe labour shortage in many sectors of its economy. That’s why the country is pondering seriously over importing foreign workers for many skilled and unskilled professions. According to Sky News, The country closed its borders during COVID and told foreign students and backpackers to go home. It is now facing the West’s second-worst employee shortage after Canada, with some companies offering to sign bonuses and flying them in from overseas. So, in short, Australia is reviewing/ amending its entire immigration and visa system to increase its workforce ASAP. Read on below to find more about Australia hiring foreign workers program 2023 and what are the job categories Australia is offering visa sponsorship for:
Details of jobs Australia is hiring foreign workers/ visa sponsorship jobs in Australia:
- 1 Details of jobs Australia is hiring foreign workers/ visa sponsorship jobs in Australia:
- 2 What professions Australia is hiring workers for/ Which jobs in Australia offer visa sponsorship?
- 3 Australia hiring unskilled/ semi-skilled workers:
- 4 Australia hiring skilled labour:
- 5 Are Australian employers allowed to sponsor international workers?
- 6 On which websites can we find Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship?
- 7 Visa Sponsorship Fee details for the employer:
- 8 Benefits of working in Australia with visa sponsorship:
- 9 Australian Companies Offering Visa Sponsorship Jobs:
- 10 How to Apply for Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Australia?
- Job title: Australian Foreign Workers Jobs
- Eligible nationalities: All around the world
- Who can apply: Everyone is entitled to an Australian skilled or unskilled work visa, international student visa, immigration, spouse visa, etc
- Who can’t apply: Anyone not qualifying for the visa like a criminal, ill health record, illegal immigrant, etc
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Relocation Support: Yes
What professions Australia is hiring workers for/ Which jobs in Australia offer visa sponsorship?
As mentioned before, Australia is hiring foreign immigrant workers for both unskilled and skilled job roles. According to ministers.dewer.gov.au, A new quarterly Labour Market Update report from Jobs and Skills Australia (JSA) has listed the latest top 20 occupations/professions in demand across the nation. Health care, digital communication, construction, engineering professions, and traditional trade-related professions top the list. To talk about unskilled occupations, the following professions are in the highest demand:
Related: Factory Jobs In Europe With Visa Sponsorship
Australia hiring unskilled/ semi-skilled workers:
- Drivers (especially heavy vehicles).
- Kitchen hand
- Front desk operator.
- Cafe Attendant/Bartenders.
- General labourers.
- Farm Workers.
- Factory workers.
- Machinery/ equipment operators like forklift operators
- Storekeepers/ Store person.
- General Labour.
- Hospitality jobs (like housekeepers).
- Delivery driver/ freight driver
- Warehouse Worker
- Nanny/ Babysitter.
- Taxi drivers.
- Flight attendants.
- Retail Sales personnel.
- Gardeners/ Landscape planning labourer.
- Municipality workers.
Australia hiring skilled labour:
- Registered nurses.
- Engineering professionals.
- Accountants/ Chartered accountants.
- Occupational Therapist.
- Medical Laboratory Scientist.
- Data scientists.
- IT professionals.
- Software and Applications programmer.
- Secondary school teachers.
- Construction managers.
- Metal Fitters and Machinists.
- Early Childhood Teachers.
- Database and Systems Administrator.
- ICT Security Specialists.
- Bricklayers and Stonemasons.
- Carpenter/ Wood joiner.
- Cabinet Makers.
- Architects and Landscape Architects.
- Medical practitioners.
- Animal Attendants/ Veterinary Care.
- Wall and Floor tilers.
- Environmental Scientists.
Are Australian employers allowed to sponsor international workers?
The simplest answer is yes. Australian employers are allowed to sponsor foreign workers under visa subclass 189, 190, 491 visas, 482 visas,or working holiday visas. Foreign workers can apply for permanent residency after 2 years of the job commencement date under the permanent subclass 187 employer-sponsored visa scheme. However, these scheme is applicable under certain conditions.
Related: Australia Truck Driver Jobs for Foreigners 2023
On which websites can we find Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship?
Upon entering the keywords “Australia hiring foreign workers”, or “Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship”, you can find many web search results or job-finding portals displaying visa sponsorship jobs in Australia along with the info about the employer company, job details, etc. However, in Australia following websites are used as the most reliable job search sources:
- Workforce Australia.
- SEEK Australia.
- Skill Select.
- Relocate me.
- Wiki Farms Australia.
- Career One Australia.
Visa Sponsorship Fee details for the employer:
If an applicant applies for the work visa himself, he has to pay the work visa fee to the Australian embassy. But if his / her employer is sponsoring, they have to pay for all the requisite fee components discussed below:
- Sponsorship fee: AUD 420.
- Nomination fee: AUD 170.
- Primary applicant charges: AUD 310.
- Primary applicant’s spouse charges: AUD 310.
- The primary applicant’s children charge AUD 80 for minors or under 18 and AUD 310 for 18 and 18 above.
Benefits of working in Australia with visa sponsorship:
Benefits offered by various sponsor employers are different and there are various types of employee benefits offered by visa-sponsoring companies. Some of the common benefits of working in Australia with visa sponsorship are:
- High salary packages.
- Health benefits like vision, dental, eye care, or overall medical checkups.
- In most cases, you can apply for permanent residence after 2 years.
- Career Advancement opportunities.
- Full-time and permanent jobs.
- For many unskilled positions (like farm workers, hospitality labour, general labour, etc) you can find free accommodation, subsidized or free meals, subsidized transport, etc. The same goes for many skilled positions too.
- Health Insurance (lifetime, first three months, first year, or so).
- Paid vacations like sick leave, parental leave, annual holidays, additional leaves, etc.
- Employee benefits like health benefits, life insurance, paid vacations, and retirement/ pensions plan (depending upon the employer).
- Australian Labour Law helps local and foreign workers to achieve work-life balance while earning a good lifestyle.
Related: Unskilled Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship (Application Process)
Australian Companies Offering Visa Sponsorship Jobs:
- Microsoft Careers.
- BCG Digital Ventures.
- Expedia Group.
- Dive Yello.
- Domain Group.
- JXT Global.
- REA Group.
- Red Bubble.
- Safety Culture.
- Wise Tech Global.
- Zen Desk.
- Microsoft Australia.
- Apple Australia.
Related: Construction Jobs In Norway With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
How to Apply for Visa Sponsorship Jobs in Australia?
By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.