Unskilled Jobs in Finland: Looking for unskilled jobs in Europe? Finland could be the perfect destination for you! With a growing economy and a thriving job market, Finland is home to a wide range of unskilled job opportunities for foreigners. In fact, most employers in Finland are even willing to sponsor visas for foreign workers who are suitable for the job!
So, what are the most in-demand unskilled jobs in Finland? According to my friend who lives in Finland, the most in-demand positions for foreigners are construction workers, cleaners, kitchen assistants, and warehouse workers. These jobs typically don’t require any special qualifications or experience, making them perfect for individuals just starting out in their careers or looking to switch industries.
But how do you apply for these jobs in Finland? The good news is that many Finnish employers advertise their job openings online, making it easy for foreign job seekers to apply from anywhere in the world.
- Country Name: Finland
- Job type: Unskilled
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: No
- Age Limit: Minimum 22 Years
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: 10-12 EUR/ Hour
- High standard of living
- Offer fair wages
- Opportunities for growth
- Strong social welfare system
- multicultural society
- flexible working hours
Who can apply
Everyone is eligible to apply for unskilled jobs in Finland but you need to fulfill the basic requirements of the company on your part.
- Construction worker: The average salary for a construction worker in Finland is around 2,500-3,000 EUR per month.
- Cleaner: The average salary for a cleaner in Finland is around 1,500-2,000 EUR per month.
- Kitchen assistant: The average salary for a kitchen assistant in Finland is around 1,500-2,000 EUR per month.
- Caregiver: The average salary for a caregiver in Finland is around 2,000-2,500 EUR per month.
- Delivery driver: The average salary for a delivery driver in Finland is around 2,000-2,500 EUR per month.
List of Available Unskilled Jobs in Finland
Here is a list of jobs you can get as a foreign worker in Finland.
Construction work is a popular unskilled job in Finland, especially during the summer months when construction projects are in full swing.
- Carrying and moving materials and tools
- Digging and preparing trenches and foundations
- Operating machinery such as power drills and saws (with proper training)
- Assisting with the installation of building materials such as windows and doors
- Cleaning up debris and maintaining a safe work environment
Cleaning is another popular unskilled job in Finland that is in high demand year-round. As a cleaner, you would be responsible for maintaining the cleanliness and tidiness of various spaces, such as offices, homes, hotels, and public buildings.
- You must be at least 18 years old to work legally in Finland
- If you are not an EU citizen, you will need to obtain a work permit before you can work in Finland. Your employer may be able to help you with the process of obtaining a work permit
- Depending on the job, you may be required to speak Finnish, English, or both.
- Require physical fitness and the ability to perform manual labor
Kitchen assistant is another popular unskilled job in Finland, particularly in the hospitality and food service industry.
- Preparing ingredients for cooking, such as chopping vegetables and measuring spices
- Cleaning and maintaining kitchen equipment and utensils
- Washing dishes and other kitchen items
- Assisting with plating and presentation of dishes
- Stocking and organizing kitchen supplies
- Assisting with inventory management and ordering supplies
Caregiver is another unskilled job in Finland that is in high demand, particularly in the healthcare sector. As a caregiver, you would be responsible for providing support and assistance to individuals who need help with daily activities due to illness, disability, or old age.
- Assisting with personal hygiene, such as bathing and grooming
- Helping with mobility and transferring between beds, chairs, and other surfaces
- Preparing and serving meals
- Administering medication
- Assisting with housekeeping and laundry
- Providing companionship and emotional support
The delivery driver is another popular unskilled job in Finland, particularly in the logistics and transportation industry. As a delivery driver, you would be responsible for transporting goods and packages from one location to another, either locally or nationally.
- Loading and unloading packages from your vehicle
- Planning and optimizing delivery routes
- Providing exceptional customer service to clients and customers
- Maintaining accurate delivery records and documentation
- Performing routine vehicle maintenance and safety checks
More unskilled jobs in Finland you can apply for.
- Warehouse worker
- Food production worker
- Landscaping and gardening worker
- Farm worker
- Delivery driver
- Retail sales associate
- Waitstaff and dishwasher
- Security guard
- Call center agent
- Janitorial worker
- Production line worker
- General laborer
- Customer service representative
- Recycling and waste management worker
- Hotel housekeeping and maintenance staff
How to Apply
There are many ways to apply for unskilled jobs in Finland but my personal way of applying for these types of jobs is to apply through an online job posting website. There are many online job posting websites available where you can find unskilled jobs if you are a foreigner. We have mentioned below some top online job posting websites where you can find unskilled jobs in Finland as a foreigner.