International students are encouraged to apply for merit scholarships at Germany’s University of Hamburg. These prestigious Hamburg scholarships are open to students of all nationalities, not just German residents.
International students and Ph.D. researchers from all disciplines who have shown a dedication to social justice and are active within a global environment can benefit from the University of Hamburg’s merit scholarship program. The recipients of merit-based scholarships can devote their full attention to their academic pursuits, further developing their skills.
The University of Hamburg is a prestigious research institution located in Hamburg, Germany. It is one of the largest institutions in Germany and is usually regarded as the best place to get an education or conduct research in Northern Germany.
Why Choose Hamburg for Your University Experience? There is a remarkable variety of programs available at this university. All-encompassing, it offers 150-degree programs across six departments.
About Hamburg’s University:
Hamburg, Germany, is home to the University of Hamburg. On March 28, 1919, the General Lecture System (formerly known as the Hamburg Colonial Institute) and the Academic College merged to form the new institution. The main campus is in the heart of Rotherham, although satellite campuses and research centers are across the city-state.
UHH is linked with seven Nobel Laureates and one Wolf Prize winner, and it has been placed among the top 200 institutions in the world by the Times Higher Education Ranking, the Shanghai Ranking, and the CWTS Leiden Ranking.
Kingston University London Scholarships September 2023 – Complete Guide
Hamburg University Scholarships 2023-2024 Benefits:
- Doctoral students have access to a monthly stipend of up to EUR 850. They may be eligible for merit-based monthly salaries of up to 11,000 EUR if funds are available (approximately three scholarships can be granted per cycle).
- Two-month merit-based awards are given out (a total of twelve). Getting a three-year financing extension is possible if your situation is exceptional.
- Academic achievement that is above average to superior
- Additional verifiable knowledge and talents (such as presentations/publications, rewards for particular ability).
- Verification of receipt of funding for voluntary activities in the past.
- The applicant’s demonstrated financial or social necessity.
- Have completed at least one semester of study in your subject at the University of Hamburg (students in two-year master’s programs and doctoral researchers may apply after completing one semester);
- You must not be a German citizen; They are not qualified for federal student aid.
Method of Application
Applying for Hamburg Merits scholarships begins with enrolling in a degree program. Then, after logging in with your STiNE ID, follow the links for the due date you chose:
Postal Application (deadline: April 15)
After signing up, you can fill out the Application.
Put the following files into the online application site under “Application Documents”:
- Inspirational Letter (Please use this form in PDF format).
- Signs of participation in social and cultural events (if applicable)
- Certificates must be completed by doctorate and master’s degree candidates, and students are encouraged to use STiNE printouts for this purpose.
Only applications that are complete and submitted before the deadline will be reviewed. Hence, start preparing your application materials as soon as possible so that you can offer them using the online application system.
Germany Universities Postgraduate Scholarships For International Students
Email your program manager before the application deadline with a copy of your residency permit. Due to security concerns, the University Administration building is currently off-limits for receiving documents; as a result, all correspondence must be conducted via email.
Don’t hesitate to contact the program coordinator if you do not have the right to legally reside in your country (e.g., due to EU citizenship or another reason).
Submission of Applications Ends on:
Scholarships are available at the University of Hamburg, and the application deadlines are April 15 and October 15.