Farm Herdsperson Jobs in North Carolina, USA for foreigners 2023: If you want a green card for farm/ agricultural employment in USA, Nothing can be a more perfect destination for you than the state of North Carolina. The state’s eastern region (The Blacklands) consists of the coastal land; its soil is so organic and fertile (the region got its name from the dark rich soil) that it contributes to the agricultural reap of eight Atlantic countries it borders. Moreover, the state is responsible for the $91.7 billion in USA’s annual GDP.
The state ranks number one for the production of tobacco and sweet potatoes. According to the state library. nc, In 2017, North Carolina had 50,200+ farms, with a total of more than 8.4 million acres. It ranks second across the whole USA for the Christmas trees sale. The state also stands out for the production of the hog, turkey, soybeans, and peanuts. The state has its own renowned Agriculture University, North Carolina A&T University. Besides Farm Herdsman, other famous agricultural job roles in North Carolina are Animal/ Livestock Coordinator/ Animal Herdsman/ Livestock Farmer, Dairy Farmer, Cattle take care, etc. Let’s read below to find all the necessary details of Farm Herdsperson Jobs in North Carolina, USA for foreigners 2023 with the link to apply online.
Details of Farm Herdsperson Jobs in North Carolina, USA for foreigners:
- Job Title: Farm Herdsperson/ Farmer/ Farm Hand/ Farm man.
- Job Location: North Carolina, USA.
- Job Industry: Agriculture.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: No, but will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: 21-onwards.
- Free Food: Yes, for many employers.
- Free Accommodation: Yes, for many employers.
- Free Medical Insurance: Mostly Yes.
- Free Transport: Mostly No, but subsidized transport programs may be provided.
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Expected Salary: Up to between $37,708 and $56,109.
Requirements of Farm Jobs in North Carolina, USA for foreigners:
- You can work as a farm herds person in the U.S. with an employment-related green card (permanent residency), an exchange visitor work and study visa, or a seasonal and temporary worker visa. A seasonal worker visa is the most common route toward this job role.
- There are no formal education requirements. However, working in the livestock department requires you to have specific qualifications for some specific job postings like an animal breeder needs to have post-secondary / high school level education. However, many employers provide their workers with one month of on-site training.
- Senior/ skilled job positions, such as farm manager, agricultural sales agent, biologist, quality assurance worker, etc., vary. This employment in the agricultural sector requires a bachelor’s degree.
- Your chances of securing a job in the USA as a farm herds person or any other agricultural job position boost up by first gaining relevant experience (of a minimum of one year) and then finding a sponsor/employer in the USA who is willing to hire you.
- Applicant must be 21 years or older to get eligible for the employment green card/ work permit in the U.S
- Overtime Work is needed during peak harvest seasons.
- You need to be physically fit as you have to lift a weight of average between 20-25 lbs (fruit, vegetables stone baskets), or sometimes up to 50 lbs. Moreover, your job entails frequent squatting, standing, twisting, climbing, etc.
- You must be able to read safety signs and must be able to operate farm machinery and equipment safely.
- You are required to work in tough atmospheric conditions (depending upon your harvest season) like hot or freezing temperatures and windy, dusty, noisy, and wet environments.
- You may be required to drive a farm truck and tractor. So, in case, you need a relevant license from the Roads and Transport Authority of your relevant area in the state of North Carolina.
USDA Foreigners program for Jobs in USA Agriculture:
The USDA (The U.S. Department of Agriculture) consists of 29 representative agencies with more than 100,000 employees at 4,500 + locations across the USA and abroad. The department is also known widely for providing assistance to socially disadvantaged groups (like native American tribes)/ immigrant workers seeking employment through Cooperative Development Centers. USDA Farm Service Agency has launched the following programs for foreign persons trying to get into American Agriculture. Click on the link below to find the guide about how to get Farm Jobs in North Carolina using the USDA Aid program:
Job responsibilities/ obligations of a Farm Herdsperson:
- Sowing/ Farming/ Producing new crops and preserving and packing old ones (recent harvest).
- Checking soil quality to ensure healthy crop growing and a profitable reap/ harvest.
- Sound knowledge of all traditional techniques/ technology to protect high-quality food or flowers from adverse weather conditions, pests, or crop diseases.
- Performing everyday farm operations such as weeding, trimming, harvesting, and doing away with residues.
- Maintaining and repairing farm equipment.
- Employers are needed to comply with all worker protection standards and federal restrictions on the use of pesticides and other chemicals. A worker must have a sound knowledge of all these safety standards to ensure his self-protection.
- To ensure the best compliance with the company’s standards of food safety and optimum operational capacity to achieve maximum productivity, workers must be able to listen to, and follow verbal instructions by the farm managers and/or crew supervisors or any other equivalent job position.
- A complete knowledge of all the rules/ federal requirements of selling agricultural products to consumers at an ordinary roadside stall or through a community-supported agriculture program (CSA).
- Participation in irrigation activities like laying pipes, operating irrigation equipment like well motors, draining excess water from fields, and ensuring adequate water supply to the crops.
- Observing federal requirements and safety procedures for pesticide usage, storage, and waste disposal.
Average Salary of a Farmer in North Carolina, USA:
The average salary of a fruit picker in North Carolina, USA depends upon many factors like his experience, expertise, duty hours, terms and conditions of the employer company, kind of farm you work on, and weight of the total fruit consignment they pick up during a single day. It is also pertinent to mention that some employers pay you according to the total number of hours they work, while others compensate you according to the gross weight of the total crop yield you pick/ harvest (if you working on a fruit farm or so). However, according to Salary explorer’s survey, The average Farmer’s salary in North Carolina is $43,515 as of March 2023, but the range typically falls between $37,708 and $56,109.
How to Apply for Farm Herdsperson Jobs in North Carolina, USA as a foreigner:
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship”, Seasonal Farm Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship”, “Farmer/ Farm Hand Jobs in USA with visa sponsorship”, “Agri Jobs in USA for foreigners”, “Livestock / Livestock Farmer Jobs in USA”, “Herdsman Jobs in USA.”
- Choose North Carolina, USA in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
More Visa-sponsored jobs in USA for foreigners with visa sponsorship:
Click here to find more skilled, unskilled jobs in the USA, requiring education and experience and otherwise: