Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship 2023: Want to work and settle in Canada? You can go to the land of apples and strawberries while not being so well-educated or experienced in any modern or high-tech field. This post is being created with the aim of discussing one such amazing opportunity with you.
We are talking about Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship in 2023. Quebec is the “strawberry hub” of Canada, but we will discuss today the Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Toronto, Ontario, Canada. To state a fact, 15 million+ pounds of strawberries are harvested every year. That roughly makes up to 40 million jars of strawberry jam! Strawberries along with apples, cranberries, raspberries, peaches, nectarines, etc.
Strawberry is the second most-produced fruit in Canada after Cranberry. Despite being a heavy production figure, Canada imports 83% of its strawberries import volume from USA and rest from China and Mexico. That’s the reason the country wants to boost its production to reduce its dependency and get self-sufficient. For this purpose, Canada has made the conditions easier for private employers to import foreign workers under work visa sponsorship.
Moreover, the Government of Canada is importing foreign workforce itself under Agri Food Immigration Pilot Program and to supplement its target. Securing a strawberry picking/ packing job in Canada would be a very rewarding career and a smart choice, as strawberries are grown in every Canadian province. Read on below to find more details about Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
Details about Strawberry Picking/ Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- Job Title: Strawberry Picker/ Fruit Picker
- Job country: Canada
- Availaible vacancies: 480
- Sponsoring agencies: Agri Food Pilot Program by Government of Canada/ Private employer firms
- Who can apply: All nationalities are eligible to apply
- Work Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Expected Salary: $15-20/Hour
- Free Food: Sometimes, Depends upon the employer
- Free Accommodation: Yes
Requirements of Strawberries Picking/ Packing Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- No formal minimum education is required. From the Secondary school level to the master’s degree holders can apply.
- No experience is needed. However, experienced applicants are preferred.
- Good communication in the English language is a must.
- All essential and supporting visa documents.
- Applicant must be able to legally work in Canada.
- A valid job offer (not more than 2 years ago) from an employer.
- To apply under Agri Food Pilot Program, Applicant must be eligible for Agri Food Immigration Pilot Program.
Benefits of Stawberry Picking and Packing Jobs 2023 in Canada with visa sponsorship:
- No formal education is required.
- No experience is required.
- No age limit.
- Most of the employers free accommodation.
- Most of employers offer free medical.
- You can apply for permanent residence under Agri Food Immigration Pilot Program.
- If you are already in Canada as a temporary or permanent resident, a fruit picking job is the best option for side income.
- As strawberries are grown in every Canadian province, you can get job all over Canada without any difficulty.
- A lot of employers offer free/ subsidized food, free/ subsidized transport as well.
- Paid overtime, paid vacations, and paid holidays system.
- You have a morning to late night shifts to choose from.
- The Job is open to all international applicants without any restrictions on a nationality basis. Anyone is welcome to apply including foreigners outside Canada
About Agri-Food Immigration Pilot Program:
The Agri-Food Immigration Pilot Program is a three-year program introduced by the Canadian government in May 2020 to address the Agri labour shortages in Canada, especially in its mushroom and meat production sectors (as Canada’s livestock industry is bigger than its crop industry). In lieu of their services, the Canadian government offers them some easy/ subsidized/ compensated options to apply for non-seasonal Immigration, permanent Immigration, work holiday visa immigration, etc. Agriculture is a crucial part of Canada’s economy, as it supports every one-in-eight job in Canada. This new pilot aims to attract and retain workers by providing them with an opportunity to become permanent residents right after an initial two-year supervision period/ stint instead of renewing their work permit after every two years.
Famous Strawberry Farms in Toronto, Canada:
Here are some most famous strawberry farms in Toronto that can sponsor foreign workers for work visa employment:
- Sweet Ridge Farms.
- Bill Farms.
- Fresh City Farms.
- Black Creek Community Farms.
- Downey’s Strawberry and Apple Farms.
- Reesor’s Farm Market.
- Organics Farm.
- Barrie Hill Farms.
- Stonehaven Farms.
- Brantwood Farms.
- Forsythe Family Farms.
- Robintide Farms and so on.
How to Apply for Strawberry Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 with visa sponsorship:
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “Strawberry Picking and Packing Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship/ for foreigners”, “Fruit Picking/ Packing Jobs in Canada for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for foreigners”, “Seasonal Jobs in Canada for foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for foreigners.”
- Select Toronto, Canada as your desired location to make your search results more precise.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.