Seasonal Agricultural Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with guaranteed work visa approval: We all are familiar with New Zealand’s importance/ contribution in exporting kiwi fruit (Chinese Gooseberry) and avocado worldwide. New Zealand is the biggest exporter of kiwifruit. According to Stats.NZ,In fiscal year 2021-22, Gold kiwifruit continued to dominate fruit exports in world’s fruit trade market. Up to November 2021, gold kiwifruit made up 47 percent ($1.9 billion) of total fruit export value, while green kiwifruit made up 23 percent ($923 million). China is the biggest importer/ consumer of New Zealand’s kiwifruits under its global exporter, Zespri, the biggest well-known kiwi brand in major Chinese cities. Similarly, New Zealand is the ninth largest exporter of avocados with a contribution of 2% in the total global supply from its 4,000+ hectares of avocado trees. Moreover, there is a high demand for avocados domestically too, which pushes national avocado prices up many times.
In this post, we have brought to you Seasonal Agricultural Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with guaranteed work visa approval, which is about Kiwi fruit and avocado picking and packing. The employing organization is named DMS which is known all over New Zealand for its seasonal production of fruits, vegetables, cereals, and food snacks. The respective season of these seasonal agricultural jobs is from March to June, and the employment period can further be extended from July to October (for those who want to stick around for longer). Besides a good salary package, free food, an on-site canteen, and accommodation support are some of the features benefits of this job. Keep on reading to find more details:
Details of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs 2023 in New Zealand with guaranteed work visa approval:
- 1 Details of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs 2023 in New Zealand with guaranteed work visa approval:
- 2 Requirements of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs 2023 in New Zealand:
- 3 Types of Avocado/ Kiwi fruit picking and packing jobs at DMS:
- 4 Job responsibilities/ obligations of a Seasonal Agricultural worker_ Avocado/ Kiwi fruit picker and packer:
- 5 Benefits of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs/ Avocado and Kiwi Fruit Picking and Packing Jobs:
- 6 Work Schedule/ Shifts Schedule at DMS:
- 7 Average Salary of a Fruit Picker in New Zealand_ Is this employer paying you fairly?
- 8 Job roles at DMS?
- 9 How to apply for Seasonal Agricultural Jobs in New Zealand with guaranteed work visa approval?
- 10 Why work at DMS?
Job title: Seasonal Agricultural Jobs/ Farm Jobs/ Fruit Farm Jobs/ Avocado and Kiwi Picker and Packer/ Avocado Producer/ Kiwi Producer.
- Employer organization: DMS, New Zealand
- Minimum knowledge: Not required
- Minimum age: 16 years
- Location: Te Pune and Te Puke
- Minimum experience: Not required but will be highly appreciated
- Visa Sponsorship: No, but visa approval is almost guaranteed
- Who can apply: All nationalities around the world
- Free Food: Yes
- Accommodation Support: Yes
- Health Insurance: Yes
- Free transport: No
Related: Construction Jobs In Norway With Visa Sponsorship In 2023
Requirements of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs 2023 in New Zealand:
Criteria for Seasonal kiwi fruit and avocado are very easy and almost free of many conditions and requirements. Only these three factors are required to get you eligible for work:
- You must be greater than 16 years of age.
- You should have a valid/ current/ unexpired national CNIC, permanent residence status, or valid work visa.
- You should be allowed legally to work in New Zealand.
- Pre-employment drug and alcohol test.
Types of Avocado/ Kiwi fruit picking and packing jobs at DMS:
- From March to June: Picking/ Harvesting fresh avocados and kiwi fruits and packing them for export.
- From July to October: Repacking stored fruits before sending them overseas for export.
Job responsibilities/ obligations of a Seasonal Agricultural worker_ Avocado/ Kiwi fruit picker and packer:
- Manually cultivating and pruning kiwi fruit and avocado trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, and racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning avocados and kiwi fruits from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten apples.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit pieces into containers while taking care of/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
- For workers of the July-October shift, taking out and handling stored/ refrigerated fruit pieces and packing them before export.
Related: Private Nurse for a VIP Family Jobs in Qatar with visa sponsorship 2023
Benefits of Seasonal Agricultural Jobs/ Avocado and Kiwi Fruit Picking and Packing Jobs:
- The 2023 Kiwifruit seasonal starting pay rate is $24.00.
- 8 % Holiday pay.
- Paid annual vacation systems like sick leave, maternity or paternity leave, etc.
- Additional pay for nights, overtime, weekend, and specialized roles.
- Milestone gifts with gradual/ successive completion of project targets throughout the year.
- Regular prize draws.
- Free one-time meal.
- On-site canteen.
- Free Food.
- Accommodation Support.
- Health/ Medical Insurance.
- Employee benefits.
Work Schedule/ Shifts Schedule at DMS:
All shifts at DMS run for six days a week. According to DMS’s official website, the following is the work/ shift schedule for seasonal kiwi fruit and avocado farm workers:
- The day shift is around 7.5 hours long.
- The afternoon shift is only four hours long.
- For overtime/ if you want to work longer, you can combine Day and Afternoon for a 12-hour shift.
- The night shift is the longest one with 9.5 hours of work.
Average Salary of a Fruit Picker in New Zealand_ Is this employer paying you fairly?
While the average salary of a fruit picker depends upon many factors like a candidate’s profile, his experience, etc. According to Indeed, Jobted, and various other accredited web sources, an average fruit picker earns between $18-30 with the median salary standing at $ 22.04 and the average range between $20-25. ( working for six days a week excluding bonuses and benefits). As $ 24 stands fairly within these ranges, we can say unanimously that this employer is paying you fairly.
Related: Australia Skilled Worker VISA 2023
Job roles at DMS?
According to DMS’s website, the following are all skilled/ unskilled job roles available at DMS:
- Picker/ Packer.
- Team Leader.
- Forklift Operator.
- Bin Tip Operator.
- Food Grader.
- Tray Preparation.
- Quality Controller.
- EAN Operator.
- Canteen Assistant.
- Maintenance Technician.
How to apply for Seasonal Agricultural Jobs in New Zealand with guaranteed work visa approval?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Seasonal Agricultural Worker Jobs in New Zealand/ for foreigners, “Fruit/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in New Zealand”, “Seasonal Jobs in New Zealand”, “Work Holiday Visa Jobs in New Zealand”, “Farm/ Fruit Farm Jobs in New Zealand/ for foreigners”, “Avocado and Kiwi fruit Picker Jobs in New Zealand.”
- Select your desired location in Qatar to make your search results more precise.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
Why work at DMS?
Besides stable job opportunities available throughout the year, matchless employee benefits, pay and perks, a wide product line, and nationwide likeness and preference, there are many reasons to earn a career at DMS: