Food Packing Helper Jobs in Portugal with Visa Sponsorship 2023 is a great career opportunity for uneducated people in underdeveloped Asian countries. Food Packing is an easy job because it does not require much education or high experience. But, as a food packaging helper, you don’t need to perform the whole duty yourself. The only hard work in this job is to stand for long hours. Otherwise, you can work in Agri Sector as a fruit or vegetable packer or in a factory to pack processed food items. The former one has more job opportunities because the Portuguese Agri Sector is facing a shortage of young laborers. According to a source, the average age of a Portuguese farm Worker is 65 years. Thatswhy it imports foreign workers for food packing, loading, and transporting.
In this post, you can find the details of all types of Food packing Jobs in Portugal along with the link to apply online in the bottom-most section. So, let’s get started:
- Job title: Fruit packer.
- Region: Portugal.
- Knowledge required: No
- Experience required: Preferably Yes
- Minimum age: 21 years.
- Maximum age: 45 years.
- Duty hours: 40-48 hours per week
- Working days: 6 days a week or 22 days per month.
- Job type: Full-time.
- Deadline: Offer valid till 23rd June 2023.
As an unskilled job role, it does not require you to have much high education and experience. However, those candidates having at least 6 months of experience would be preferred. Some main requirements are listed below:
- At least Matric level education.
- Good grip over Basic English and Portuguese.
- If you are employed in an Italian-speaking territory of Portugal (like Braga) you would be required to speak good Italian as well.
- Physical fitness to stand all day long.
- For all types of food i.e. natural (such as fruits and vegetables) and processed (such as bread, milk, butter, crisps, and biscuits), you need to stack, wrap, load, and unload the freight.
- If you are working in a food factory as a packaging worker, you need to check its expiry date as well.
Average Salary of a Food Packing Helperin Portugal
The average salaries of food packing helpers depend on many factors like experience, job location, employer, etc. However, according to Salary Expert, the average food packer’s gross salary in Portugal is 21 223 € or an equivalent hourly rate of 10 €. In addition, they earn an average bonus of 318 €.
Packaging Helper Jobs in Portugal offering visa sponsorship.
- Fruit and Vegetable Packing.
- Bread Packer.
- Meat Packer.
- Eggs Packer.
- Biscuits Packer.
- Snacks Packer.
- Milk and Beverages Packer.
- Packaging manager (requires relevant education).
- Packaging specialist (requires relevant training).
- Packaging development Internship
Can I get a Job in Portugal If I only speak English?
Fortunately, yes. Chances of employment increase in the tourism and hotel industry. Moreover, there are some educated job roles that are only available for English-speaking candidates, like ESL teachers or embassy jobs (Search “Jobs for English-speaking people in Portugal). For unskilled job roles like Food Packaging Helper, there are many chances that you would need to speak Portuguese or Italian. In other words, bilingualism would be required.
How to search for packaging Job roles in Portugal/ What should I search?
The method is easy and straightforward.
- Go on an online job search portal like Glassdoor.
- Search in general terms like “Packaging jobs in Portugal”, “Packaging jobs in Portugal for foreigners”, “Food packaging jobs in Portugal”, and “Food Packaging Helper Jobs in Portugal.”
- You can also search more general and related terms like “Food factory jobs in Portugal”, “Factory job roles in Portugal”, “Factory workers”, “Warehouse Packers”, “Assembly worker”, “Warehouse associates”, etc.
- If general searches give you irrelevant results, enter a narrow or specific term like “Fruit and Vegetables Packing Helper”.
How to apply?
For International jobs, Indeed, LinkedIn, jobs.laimoon.com, Glassdoor, etc., are some of the top-rated search portals. Below is given the link to one such job portal where you can find hundreds of packaging helper jobs.
Visa-sponsored Jobs in Portugal.
If you are an educated person and have experience in your relevant field, the sky is the limit for you.