Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada 2023 is another career-boosting opportunity for those ambitious people from developing countries who don’t have a high-profile education record but have good organization, management, and interpersonal skills. Canada’s farms (livestock and crops) are not only productive but breathtakingly beautiful too. Our today’s employer is located in the picturesque rural side of Canada.
The lucky ones would get various job benefits in lieu of very formal and easy requirements, as you don’t need to be much educated or qualified. Similarly, not much experience is needed.
Poultry farming is mainly considered to be the fastest-growing division of the Canadian agriculture sector. According to a BC SPSA report, Chickens are by far the most farmed animal in Canada. The total number of chickens raised for meat in Canada is estimated at 107.9 million. According to Statista, Chicken and turkey are two of the most commonly consumed and produced meats in Canada. In 2021, Canada produced some 1.3 million metric tons of chicken. In 2021, chicken import amounted to approximately 151 thousand metric tons in Canada.
By looking at the statistics above, you can easily estimate the multiple kinds of job opportunities in the Canadian chicken farm market. Read on below to know more about the open positions available for Farm Supervisors and other Chicken farm workers in Canada 2023 for foreigners:
Details of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada:
- 1 Details of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada:
- 2 Requirements of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job:
- 3 Responsibilities of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job:
- 4 Benefits of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs:
- 5 Average Salary of a Chicken Farm Supervisor in Canada:
- 6 How to apply for more Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada?
- 7 More Farm Jobs for Foreigners:
- Job title: Greenhouse Farm Supervisor
- Job Industry: Agricultural Jobs
- Employment type: Permanent, Full-time
- Hiring Company: Port Hill Farm Inc
- Location: Tyne Valley, PE, Canada
- Free Food: No
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Medical Insurance: No, but healthcare benefits are included
- Free Transportation: No
- Hours: 40 to 60 hours per week
- Expected Salary: $19.01-$28.52
Requirements of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job:
- Candidate should be proficient in reading, writing, and speaking Basic English.
- No formal education is needed but having a college/CEGEP diploma is enough.
- The ideal candidate has at least 1 to 2 years of experience in farm supervising.
- Candidate must be able to supervise group farm activities of 10-15 workers.
- You should have a valid driver’s license.
- Capable of working in pressurized and fast-paced environments.
- As this work is physically demanding, you should be capable to stand and walk for long hours.
- Should know how to operate farm equipment and machinery.
- Capable of working overtime.
- Capable of working in wet, hot, noisy, and dusty outdoor environments.
Responsibilities of Chicken Farm Supervisor Job:
- Coordinating, assigning, and supervising all the activities of general farm workers.
- Supervising the workers in charge of feeding chicken/ supervising their feeding routine.
- Checking flock health and overall birds’ condition. Contacting vet or any other animal sciences expert if necessary.
- Checking if poultry workers are handling and tending farm chickens well.
- Checking all eggs-related responsibilities like if workers are collecting, washing, and storing the eggs properly. They also have to oversee the hatch-off-taking process.
- Removing the dead flock.
- Inspecting enclosures i.e. if workers are cleaning and repairing sheds, barns, and fences.
- Overseeing the ventilation and water channels.
- Supervising chicken vaccination and medications.
- Supervising all supply/ dealing activities,e.g., selling eggs to wholesale or retail distributors, and selling dressed carcasses to their corresponding buyers (chicken meat sellers).
- Maintain quality control and financial and production records of harvesting.
Benefits of Chicken Farm Supervisor Jobs:
- Permanent job opportunities for the right candidates.
- Free Accommodation/ On-site housing.
- Healthcare benefits and plans like subsidized health insurance, workers’ compensation for illness, injury, etc.
- Pension plan.
- Long-term benefits like profit-sharing and bonuses, deferred remuneration, and long-term disability benefits.
- On-site amenities like bike or bicycle storage, clean and well-ventilated toilets, etc.
Average Salary of a Chicken Farm Supervisor in Canada:
The average salary of a crop farm labourer depends upon many factors like a worker’s skills, experience, location (especially in Canada where your wages may vary between provinces), and so on However, according to Ca.talent, an average farm supervisor (entry-level)earns $20.28 per hour on average in Canada.
How to apply for more Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are good and responsive sources to find Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. The Government of Canada’s official job search website, Job Bank Canada, is the prime source to find any employment in Canada. Whether it is cropped/ livestock farming or any other highly skilled job role. Here are some useful tips to find more Crops/ Livestock Farmer Jobs in Canada:
- Google Job Bank Canada website.
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship ” Select any major city of Canada or it’s any famous countryside area ( like Reston) in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Farm Supervisor Jobs in Canada for foreigners ”, “Farm Manager Jobs in Canada for foreigners”, ” Poultry farm Manager/ supervisor Jobs in Canada for foreigners ”, “Jobs in Canadian Poultry Farms” etc.
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail.
More Farm Jobs for Foreigners:
Click here to find more senior and junior farm job roles: