Apple Picking Jobs in Australia 2023 for unskilled foreigners: Apple Harvesting Season is on peak in Australia, which means there is a boom in Apple Job Market! Local and International unskilled workers can find plenty of apple picking/ packing jobs in Australian apple farms. As apple farms would go on to their maximum operational capacity, not only apple picking jobs would be created, but also similar other new jobs would be created like Forklift Operators, Farm supervisors, Farm Hands, Marketing Teams, Warehouse Associates, so forth and so on.
This post aims at publishing unskilled jobs in Australia for foreigners. So, other than skilled job roles at apple farms demanding any formal education, we will discuss Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners in 2023. This job role is valid for 2nd/ 3rd year working holiday visa holders or seasonal visa workers. The farm is located in Tasmania, Australia. Let’s discuss other details along with the link to apply directly on Agri Jobs Australia!
Job description of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners:
- Job Country: Australia.
- Employer’s location: Sidmouth, Tasmania, Australia.
- Sponsoring agency: Agri Labour Australia.
- Industry: Agriculture
- Job Title: Fruit Picker, Farm Worker.
- Job type: Full-time (six days per week for 8-10 hours a day).
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: No
- Visa Sponsorship: Varies from one employer to another.
- Valid visa types: 2nd and 3rd year working holiday visa, Work visa, Seasonal worker visa, Student visa, and PR holders.
- Accommodation: Varies from one employer to another.
- Expected Salary: minimum $42.50 per bin for strip picking and $50 for select picking.
- Expected Season: February-Mid May.
Why is Apple Picking Jobs in Tasmania, Australia?
Over the past year, Agri Labour Australia and other Australian Agricultural recruiters have successfully placed more than thousands of candidates in fruit-picking jobs and other harvest-related roles. Moreover, Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship is the best and maybe the only option for Working Holiday Visa Holders.
Because Australia is a very big country. And many cities, locations in Tasmania are still not developed, they are empty. That’s why this Australian state is known for its farm’s fruit picking jobs forestry and wildlife. All these reasons make owners of lands look for Farmworkers there.
Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners:
- Candidate should be physically fit and strong enough to carry a heavy picking bag of up to 15kg while also capable of climbing up and down the ladders.
- Candidate should be able to work for long hours and overtime.
- Candidate must have flexible working conditions and team player spirit.
- Previous piece fruit picking experience is an advantage but not essential.
- Candidate should be a 2nd or 3rd Year Working Holiday visa holder.
- Candidate should be able to arrange own accommodation.
- The candidate has to work a few days to learn the technique required to become a fast picker. In other words, it is self-job site training.
- The candidate has to take care of his own safety.
- Self-motivated with a can-do attitude.
Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia:
- You are paid on a piece-rate basis, which means you control what you earn!
- Attractive Salary Packages+ Penalty rate.
- Easy nature of the job, which is very easy to learn.
- There are many apple farms in Tasmania, as it is one of the most popular fruits in the Australian province. The season runs from February to Mid-May, which means you never get short of apple-picking jobs in Tasmania.
- The sponsoring agency is an award-winning Australian company with clients in every State and Territory. As a new job seeker, you get a reliable job search partner.
- You are free to choose between strip picking (entire apple harvesting at one time) or selective picking (only selecting ripe pieces).
- Tasmania is known for having the cleanest air in the world, which indicates good and healthy living there.
Job responsibilities of Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreigners:
- Manually cultivating and pruning apple trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, and racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning apples from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten apples.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed
How to Apply for Apple Picking Jobs?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in Australia for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Australia for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Apple Picking Jobs in Australia for foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs for Working Holiday Visa”, “Agriculture Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship.”
- Select Tasmania, Australia in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
More Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia with visa sponsorship:
Click here to get a guide about and apply for more Visa-sponsored Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia for unskilled foreign workers/ Working Holiday Visa Workers.