Vegetables / Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with Visa Sponsorship: Vegetables/ Fruit Picking Jobs are the best and worth grabbing option for unskilled/ inexperienced workers in underdeveloped Asian countries seeking migration to the developed world. New Zealand, being the country lowest crime rate and any prejudice incidents, is a sought after immigration destination for foreign workers. According to Statista, Agriculture provides employment to tens of thousands of people in New Zealand. Being the biggest exporter of lamb and dairy products in the world, fruit growing occupies around 68,300 ha (169,000 acres) of land as of 2017.
The value of only kiwifruit exported from New Zealand amounted to around 2.7 billion New Zealand dollars in 2021 (Source: Statista). Other popular fruits in New Zealand are apples, raspberries, and blueberries. The scale on which these popular fruits (especially kiwi) are cultivated for local use and export shows the job potential the fruit picking&packing sector has for local and international job seekers. So, let’s get to know more details:
Details of Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship
- Job Title: Fruit Picking.
- Job Location: New Zealand
- Job Industry: Agriculture.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Experience Required: No
- Knowledge Required: Not High
- Age Limit: 18-onwards.
- Free Food: Mostly No.
- Free Accommodation: Mostly Yes.
- Free Medical Insurance: Mostly Yes.
- Free Transport: Mostly No.
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes
- Salary: UpTo 25 NZD/Hour
Requirements of Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship.
As per job ads by various anonymous employers throughout the New Zealand territory, here are some main requirements:
- You need a valid work visa (two years), permanent Immigration (indefinite stay), or seasonal work visa (up to six months that can be further extended). Either you will procure this visa on your own or your employer will sponsor you for a valid work permit. Click here to know more about fruit picking visa options
- Some employers demand at least a High School diploma as proof of English Language proficiency.
- Experience is not always necessary, but having so one year at least would make you a preference for most employers.
- You must be fluent in English Language Communication.
- You may be required many times to do overtime (especially if the season of the fruit being picked is short). You have to ensure your availability throughout the season, whether it’s for a few weeks or several months.
- You may be required to lift an average of 20 kg at a time or more. As the job is physically demanding and requires standing for long hours while wearing a harness with your stone fruit picking basket (weighing upto10 kgs) or fruit bucket (5-7 kgs). So you need to have a good health record.
- You need to work in isolated settings; you should be comfortable living far off city centers.
Benefits of Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand.
- You can work on the basis of a seasonal work/ Work Holiday Work Visa, which is easy to get and can be further extended. Moreover, there are lots of seasonal workers/ holiday workers needed in New Zealand.
- Many employers offer free accommodation near the workplace (self-contained vans, tents, and huts).
- Attractive Salary Package NZD 20-25 per hour.
- Paid overtime.
- There are many employers who pay you weekly.
- As an international student, fruit picking jobs is the best way to spend summer break.
- There is a vast job market, especially as a kiwi or cherry picker you can get jobs all over the country. Various types of fruits are harvested all around the year in New Zealand. Moreover,
Every season the New Zealand government approves a set number of Recognised Seasonal Employer (RSE) Seasonal Workers.
- New Zealand is very friendly towards immigrants and foreign workers.
Average Salary of a Fruit Picker in New Zealand
The average salary of a fruit picker in New Zealand depends upon many factors like his experience, expertise, duty hours, terms and conditions of the employer company, kind of farm you work on, and weight of the total fruit consignment they pick up during a single day. It is also pertinent to mention that some employers pay you according to the total number of hours they work, while others compensate you according to the gross weight of the total fruit yield you pick/ harvest. However, according to Salary explorer’s survey, an average fruit picker earns anywhere between NZD16-25 per hour or between NZD 0.60-1 per kilogram (Some employers pay you wrt lbs).
Famous Fruits in New Zealand and their harvest season:
|Kiwi/ Chinese Gooseberry||Mid-April-June|
|Breeze Apples||Middle-End of February|
|Cherries||Late November- Mid-December|
How to Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 with visa sponsorship?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Fruit Picking Jobs in New Zealand with visa sponsorship”, Fruit Farm Jobs in New Zealand with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in New Zealand with visa sponsorship”, “Agri Jobs in New Zealand for foreigners”, etc.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
More Jobs in New Zealand with visa sponsorship
Click here to find more skilled, unskilled jobs in New Zealand, requiring education and experience and otherwise.