Urban Farmer Jobs in China 2024 for Foreigners: If you are a farm worker or associated with any farm/ agricultural occupation, why not try to settle in the biggest agricultural economy of the world: China? Urban Farmer Jobs in China are life-changing opportunities for job seekers in underdeveloped Asian and African countries where the unemployment rate is soaring high every day. Agriculture, Mining, Fishing, and Farming together form the primary industrial sector of China. More than half of the country’s population is employed by the Agricultural economy. Moreover, China depends upon rice as it’s a staple and national food. The best and most fertile land is dedicated to fruit/vegetable production, or, in broader terms, farming or harvest activities. Name any fruit from apples to cherries to peaches and everything; you will find China as its biggest producer and exporter. The same is true for vegetables like onions, potatoes, tomatoes, and the list goes on.
We all know China and other Asian tigers as world leaders and newly emerging techno superpowers, but China’s agricultural and farming potential also outshines many countries in the world. In addition to soy, wheat, rice, and barley, China is famous for cultivating a vast range of fruits and vegetables. That’s why we have brought forward an opportunity to get Urban Farmer jobs in China 2024 for foreigners. Some jobs offer visa sponsorship, while others not offer visa sponsorship and offer the job in lieu of very easy and formal requirements.
Let’s get to know more about Urban Farmer Jobs 2024 in China and find a way how to apply for them online.
What is Urban Farming?
Urban agriculture, urban farming, or urban gardening means cultivating, processing, and distributing plants and livestock in urban areas. Urban communities resketch or repurpose their green space to grow food (or any other crops) for them. It also encompasses some other food production activities like forestry and fishing. The term is used in contrast to the traditional term of rural farming, which denotes the historical process of using rural areas for agriculture. As urban areas are hubs of commercialism and technology, urban farming employs many modern farming practices like using apps, software, or modern machinery.
Job details of Urban Farming:
- Job title: Urban Farmer/Agricultural Worker/ Farm Worker
- Location: China
- Visa Sponsorship: Yes/ No
- Age limit: Minimum 18
- Free food: No
- Free Accommodation: As per the company’s policy
- Free transport: As per the company’s policy
- Free Medical: Mostly Yes.
Job Requirements for an Urban Farmer:
Briefly speaking, you have to fulfill the requirements for a Chinese skilled worker visa because urban farmers fall under the category of skilled workers. As per the job ad, a few job requirements are mentioned, like:
- A valid work visa.
- A valid driving license.
- Some experience (depending upon the company sponsoring you) in Urban Farming.
- A sound knowledge of all the techniques of Vertical Farming, including operating machinery.
- Good communication skills in English. Some employers require high school education to prove English language proficiency.
Responsibilities of an Urban Farmer:
Anyone having a passion for fresh fruits and vegetables, fresh herbs packed with health benefits, gardening, and farming is ideal for becoming an urban Farmer in China.
- Pick and pack Infarm vegetables and herbs in order to provide clients with the highest quality service while minimizing crop loss.
- Taking care of the cleanliness of in-store farms in accordance with the company’s quality, safety, and environmental standards and procedures.
- Cultivating all yield (herbs and leafy vegetables) using the company’s proprietary hydroponic cultivation equipment and cutting-edge indoor vertical farming technique.
- Use the Infarm app to record harvests and report problems with the yield (any vegetables or herbs). Moreover, using the app for daily billing for Infarm’s customers (such as retailers and supermarkets).
- Report customer feedback and service requests in accordance with Infarm’s policies and procedures.
The average salary of an Urban Farmer in China:
A farmer’s average salary varies drastically based on experience, skills, location, or gender. However, according to Salary Explorer, A person working as a Farmer in China typically earns around 35,00 JPY per month.
How to search for Urban Farmer Jobs in China 2024 for Foreigners?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are the prime sources to find Urban Farming Jobs in China 2024 for foreigners. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. LinkedIn, Indeed, and Glassdoor are some of the most famous job sources in China and other Asian countries. Here are some useful tips to find more Urban Farming Jobs in China:
- Google “Famous job search portals in China”, and “Job searching websites in China.” All the popular, reliable, and responsive job search portals will be displayed in front of you.
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Urban Farming Jobs in China for foreigners” or “ Farmer Jobs in China ” Select China or any of your desired regions thereof ( let’s say, Beijing) in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Agricultural Jobs in China for foreigners”, “Farm Worker Jobs in China for foreigners”, “Fruit/ Vegetables/Herb Picker, Packer Jobs in China”, ” Jobs in China for foreigners”, “Greenhouse staff jobs in China.”
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail