UK Agriculture Seasonal Work Visa for Foreigners 2023: Today’s post is nothing less than a blessing for Farm/ Agricultural sector workers, especially those from African and Asian countries where more than 40 percent of the general labour force is employed by Agri and Agri-Food industries. This is because these workers can now apply for the UK Seasonal Agricultural Workers Visa Sponsorship 2023.
UK has a shortage of local seasonal agricultural workers/ farm workers. That’s why it imports foreign workers. Seasonal Workers are permitted to remain in the United Kingdom for a maximum of six months in any 12-month period after visa commencement. The only con is that a Seasonal Worker visa/ Work Holiday Visa is not a path to permanent residency, and spouses and children cannot accompany the applicants. However, after meeting certain conditions, visa tenure can be extended. Let’s dig into more details:
Job details of UK Seasonal Agricultural Workers Visa Sponsorship 2023:
Requirements of Seasonal Agricultural Worker Visa:
- Applicant must be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- Applicant must have a valid certificate of sponsorship from an employer whose status is approved by the Ministry of Labour.
- You must have funds of at least £1,270 held for 28 days, at least 31 days before the date of your application for a Short-term worker visa.
- Your job task must fall strictly in the category of cultivation/ harvest.
- If your employer is sponsoring you, he must cover your first month’s expenses in the UK up to a minimum of £1,270.
- You must meet all the conditions to not be refused/ rejected on any grounds.
- There is no minimum education requirement.
- There is no minimum experience requirement. However, candidates with at least 3 months experience are preferred.
- Candidate’s Certificates of Sponsorship must not be three months older than the seasonal worker Visa’s Application date.
What type of Harvesting/ Cultivation activities are allowed under UK Seasonal Agricultural Workers Visa?
In an effort to fulfill the qualification requirements for a Seasonal Agricultural Worker Visa, an applicant should be well aware of all cultivation/ harvesting activities he/ she could perform. Moreover, employers are allowed to import foreign workers to cultivate the following types of fruit and greens:
- Glasshouse veggies (also called protected or indoor veggies).
- Outdoor veggies.
- Leafy Salad vegetables.
- Pure Herbs.
- Outdoor fruits.
- Cowl fruits (produced under a cowl).
- Protected fruits (produced inside a glasshouse or under a polytunnel.
- Greenhouse fruits/ vegetables.
- Orchard Fruit.
- Creeping Plants.
- Seasonal Bedding Plants.
- Scale-back blossoms (grown inside residences or outdoors).
- Bulbs (grown inside residences or outdoors).
- Ornamental Nursery Plants (like Christmas trees or decorative woods).
- Forest and tree-themed child classrooms.
Average Salary of a Seasonal Agricultural Worker in UK:
In the Certificate of Sponsorship from your employer, he/ she must declare that they will pay you at least £10 per hour. Moreover, salary details is a must mention with the employer’s name and employment information. According to various accredited web sources like Indeed and Talent.com, the average salary of an agricultural/ farm worker is £11 per hour.
Benefits of UK Seasonal Agricultural Worker Visa:
- An easy and responsive way to work in the UK.
- A seasonal Work Visa isn’t a pathway to permanent residence or long-term residence but having a UK work experience strengthens your CV on another level.
- Your sponsor is in the capacity to offer you multiple entrance sponsorship certificates, allowing you to exit and return to the United Kingdom.
- Your employer is bound to pay you £10 per hour.
- Working time regulations are also stated fairly.
- It is common for Agricultural employers to offer food and accommodation support.
- Health insurance, and employee benefits are some prominent perks.
- Paid Vacations and Holidays are offered.
Visa Fee Structure for Seasonal Agricultural Workers Visa Sponsorship:
In 2023, the application fee for a Temporary Employment Seasonal Worker Visa is set to be £ 244.
However, for the citizens of the following countries, this fee is £189:
- Republic of Cyprus.
- Czech Republic.
- The Netherlands.
- North Macedonia.
Companies/ Websites offering Seasonal Agricultural Worker Jobs in the UK:
- AG Recruitment.
- Fruit Full Jobs.
- Abbey Fruit.
- FGS Agri.
- Government of UK.
- NFU (National Farmers Union).
- AgSpace Agriculture Ltd.
How to Apply for UK Seasonal Agricultural Workers Visa Sponsorship 2023?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Seasonal Agricultural Workers Jobs in the UK”, “Farm Workers Jobs in UK”, “Seasonal Workers Jobs in UK”, “Farmer Jobs in UK”, “Working Holiday Visa Workers Jobs in UK”.
- Select your desired location in UK to make your search results more precise.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.