You will be very happy to work in one of the richest countries in Europe, where salaries are high and there are high standards for education, life, health care, and living. It will blow your mind to learn that one in six people in Switzerland owns assets worth more than $1 million, which shows that Switzerland is one of the richest countries in Europe.
You’ll be happy to hear that there are now skill shortage jobs in almost all of Switzerland’s towns, including Bern, Geneva, Lausanne, Zurich, Interlaken, Winterthur, Lucerne, and Lugano. This is why I looked into what jobs are available in Switzerland for people looking for work outside of Switzerland so I could write this piece to help you find jobs in Switzerland and learn how to apply for a Switzerland work visa in 2023.
How much can you make per year in Switzerland?
Let me start by telling you that if you make around 8,500 CHF (after taxes) per month in Switzerland, you will be able to live a very happy and high-quality life there (source: Swiss federal statistics office).
So, if you decide to look for a job in Switzerland, you can use CHF 8,500 as a reference salary, which is considered good and enough to live there. This information should also help you only apply for jobs in Switzerland that offer salaries around this number.
- Job Role: Different Positions Available
- Career Level: Mid Career
- Type of Job: Full-Time and Part-Time
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Jobs in the government, in agriculture, or in construction
- Gender: Male/Female
- Nationality: Every Country Minimum experience required: 1-2 years
- Switzerland is where the job is
- Country: Switzerland
- The salary is not known
Hiring By: Employer
To get a job in Switzerland, you must first apply for a post, get an appointment letter and a letter of sponsorship for your work visa, and then go to your local Swiss embassy to apply for a work visa. If your application is accepted, you will be able to go to Switzerland to start your new job and change your work visa into a work pass.
Who can apply for a working visa for Switzerland:
People from outside the EU can apply for a Switzerland work visa if they meet all of the following requirements for an EU visa:
- A candidate must have the right training, a college degree, specialized knowledge, and years of experience working in a position that requires professional skills.
- People who want to work in Switzerland must also have a job from the company they want to work for.
- Applicants must have a valid passport that was granted within the last ten years and has six months left until it expires.
- If an applicant from outside of Switzerland meets all of these requirements, he or she can apply for a Swiss work visa and officially start working in Switzerland.
How to apply for a VISA to work in Switzerland:
To get a work visa in Switzerland, you need to take the following steps:
- A job in Switzerland has already been offered to me.
- For a Swiss work visa, the applicant must turn in a finished application at the Swiss embassy near them.
- To apply for a residence visa in Switzerland, a person must have a job offer from a Swiss company.