The duties and responsibilities of the position
You will be part of a Product Delivery Team as a Product Designer, where you will collaborate with a collection of UX, tech, product, and data professionals. You will assist the team in developing aesthetically pleasing products that effectively address the business issues faced by our customers. We work together with a number of Tier 1 financial institutions to develop web-based tools for the management of AML, KYC, and Sanctions Lists. This position is ideal for individuals who are interested in moving into the Big Data or FinTech industries.
Most important jobs
- Participate in each stage of the product design cycle, from the conception of the initial idea to the transfer of responsibility for the project to the developers and on to the testing phase with end users.
- Collaborate with other business analysts, product managers, and technical teams in order to steer product design.
- Maintain a high level of quality throughout the design process, and check that the resulting designs, once transformed into code, precisely reflect the design specifications.
- Ensure that an accurate estimate of design tickets is obtained during the planning meetings.
- Attend sketching meetings with folks who aren’t designers and participate in those meetings. Develop, modify, and maintain user interface deliverables such as sketch files, style guides, micro interaction specifications, high-fidelity prototypes, and pattern libraries.
- You can ensure that design decisions are founded on data by formulating hypotheses that can be put to the test throughout each sprint and by organizing moderated usability test meetings with the analysts that are a part of your team.
- Be sure that your user interfaces are both responsive and pixel-perfect, and keep in mind that it is preferable for the user experience to make use of conventional interface patterns rather than to try to reinvent the wheel.
- Show and Tell meetings are opportunities for employees to present their work to the rest of the company.
Skill & Experience
- You have at least three years of experience working in the field of Product Design.
- You are proficient in the design programs Sketch, InVision, or Framer X.
- You have previous experience working in an agile environment. Consider the project in terms of sprints lasting two weeks.
- You are proficient in the use of Jira and Confluence as components of your workflow.
How to Apply?