Peaches Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers: If you are not highly educated in any field or have any high-end qualifications and experience, you have come to the right place! Peaches Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers is the best job opportunity for such unskilled job seekers who want to work and settle in New Zealand. We always search hard and up to the fullest to bring the best career opportunities for everyone. We serve you with a hundred percent authentic job offers that cost nothing to apply. You don’t have to roam over the internet in your search for jobs, you can apply directly for those jobs by clicking on the links given in the bottom section of every post and can find more vacancies for the same job role.
Peaches are grown from Mid-July to Mid-September in New Zealand. Peaches are grown all over New Zealand with Auckland being the largest producer and Canterbury being the second largest. To state an interesting factor, August is the national peach month. Popular New Zealand Peach varieties in ripening order include Crimson Peaches, Harrow Diamond Garnet Beauty, Early Redhaven, Redhaven, Vivid, Loring, and Harrow Beauty.
By looking at the statistics above, you can easily estimate the job market and job opportunities for Peach producers and Peach Farm Workers. Read on below to know more about the open positions available for Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand 2023 for foreigners:
Details of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 1 Details of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 2 Requirements of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 3 Benefits of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 4 Job Responsibilities of a Peach Picker:
- 5 Some Common Questions regarding Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 6 The Average Salary of a Peach Picker in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- 7 How to Apply for More Farm Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- Job title: Peach Picker/ Fruit Picker/ Backpacker
- Location: New Zealand.
- Employer’s name: The Yummy Fruit Company
- Job Industry: Farm/ Agriculture Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to NZD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some New Zealand provinces like Wellington.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in New Zealand.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in New Zealand, and he must meet all immigration requirements to get eligible for visa sponsorship.
Benefits of Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
According to the various random job postings online, here are some of the common perks and benefits offered by employers:
- Visa Sponsorship/ Procurement Assistance
- Relocation Support.
- Candidates don’t have to pay the Application fees and the New Zealand embassy in their home country helps them in securing visas and all paperwork.
- Many employers free accommodation near the job site and some offer free one-time meals or subsidized meals. Some employers offer relocation support.
- Some employers offer subsidized transport programs.
- Attractive Salary Package i.e. Up to NZD 15-20 per hour.
- Long-term employee benefits, employee social benefits, and other additional benefits.
- All employees and farm workers will get medical insurance during their stay in New Zealand. This insurance will cover all the expenses for your medical, injuries, and accidents.
- According to working rules in the New Zealand Agriculture sector, once you complete your 3 years as a fruit picker in New Zealand with one specified employer, then the employer applies for your permanent residency on your behalf. After that, you get entitled to bring your family as well.
- A very vast job market as New Zealand has a rich fruit production and has many natural fields, orchards, and manmade greenhouses.
- Peaches are cultivated widely in major New Zealand cities and provinces.
Job Responsibilities of a Peach Picker:
- Picking peaches from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the peaches in the respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning grape trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning peaches from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten peaches.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
Some Common Questions regarding Peach Picking Jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
1. What is the Peach Growing season in New Zealand?
Peaches are grown from mid-July to mid-September.
2. Is education or experience necessary for peach picking jobs in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers?
No. education or experience is not compulsory.
3. What is the average salary of a peach picker in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers?
NZD 16- NZD 18
4. What are common visa options available for peach pickers in New Zealand?
Seasonal Worker Visa/ Working Holiday Visa.
5. What is the best New Zealand Province to work as a Peach Picker?
The Average Salary of a Peach Picker in New Zealand for Foreign Backpackers:
The average Salary of an entry-level peach picker depends upon many other factors except his experience like where he is employed, employer’s salary rules, location, shift timing, etc. However, according to SEEK, The average pay for a peach picker in New Zealand averages around NZD 27,719- NZD 30,225 a year or between NZD 18 per hour. As this employer is paying you an hourly rate of NZD 15-20, in light of these survey statistics (gathered from random employers and employees all over New Zealand), this employer is paying you fairly.
How to Apply for More Farm Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship?
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in Canada for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship.”
- Type your desired location/ city/ province/ suburb in Canada in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
- Click Here to Apply