Farm Working Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship and Employee Benefits: Agriculture is one of the most significant industries in Australia, both in terms of domestic production and exports. In 2021–22 Australia’s agricultural, fisheries, and forestry exports reached an estimated record of $76 billion.
The Pacific Australia Labor Mobility Scheme remains a key program for meeting agricultural workforce shortages. The Government will maintain its support for the growth of Australian agriculture, including additional resources in the 2022-23 Budget to reach 35,000 PALM scheme workers in Australia by June 2023. This will enable up to 1,000 workers to come to Australia to work in the agriculture sector.
There are various other Visa pathways too like 417 Holiday Worker Visa, 403 Subclass Visa, 191 Visa Subclass, etc, which allow you to work in various capacities in Australian Farm Sector like Farm Jobs in Australia, Orchard Worker Jobs in Australia, Fruit Pickers and Packers Jobs in Australia, and various other.
This post will highlight everything about Farm Working Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship and Employee Benefits like Visa Eligibility requirements, Experience and Education qualifications of the job, Available Job Links, and How to Apply method. Read this post to get to know everything.
Requirements of Farm Working Jobs in Australia 2024 with Visa Sponsorship and Employee Benefits
The requirements of every Immigration scheme are different like those of PALM Scheme are different from Seasonal Holiday Worker Visa and so on. Here are a few of the core requirements:
- Not under 18 years and more than 30 years of age (not more than 35 years of age)
- Must be legally entitled to immigrate to Australia
- Under every Immigration stream, you can stay a minimum of 3 months to a maximum of 12 months in Australia
- apply online from outside of Australia
- not be accompanied by dependent children or family members
- not have previously entered Australia on a subclass 417 or 462 visa. If you have previously been in Australia on a subclass 417 visa, see the second Working Holiday Visa
- You should hold a passport from valid and eligible jurisdictions mentioned below
- Physical strength to stand for long hours of time, stoop, climb, etc.
- Basic English Proficiency
- No education or experience required
- In case your employer doesn’t offer you farm accommodation, you have to arrange the accommodation yourself
- Flexible and Can Do Attitude
Which Countries Are Eligible for Farm Working Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship 2024?
You must be a citizen of and hold a valid passport from one of these countries/jurisdictions:
- Republic of Cyprus
- Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China
- Republic of Ireland
- Republic of Korea
- Taiwan (other than an official or diplomatic passport)
- The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (including British National Overseas passport holders)
What are the Best Visa Options for Farm Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship?
- Working Holiday Visa 417
- Working Holiday Visa 462
- Working Holiday Visa Extension
- Second Working Holiday Visa
- PALM Agricultural Visa Scheme
What is the Average Salary of Farm Jobs in Australia?
The average farm worker’s salary in Australia is $61,250 per year or $31.41 per hour. Entry-level positions start at $53,625 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $91,545 per year.
What are the Benefits of Farm Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship?
- Free Accommodation mostly on account of the employer
- Good Average Salary
- Social and Healthcare benefits
- International Exposure and Cultural Diversity
Seasons across Australian Provinces and Territories for Farm Jobs/ Famous Australian Farm Products
New South Wales
November to April is the busiest period for seasonal work, with the main harvest reaching a peak in February. Fruit picking work can be found around the central eastern district around Bathurst. Main produce includes orchard fruits, cotton, onions, and asparagus.
Seasonal Harvest Work Victoria
Seasonal work, from November to April peaking in February is the main season for fruit picking jobs in Victoria. Work is to be found in central northern areas of Victoria around Shepparton, also a good area to look for work. Main harvests include orchard fruits, tomatoes, tobacco, grapes, and soft fruits.
Picking fruit and seasonal harvest work in Queensland
Seasonal fruit picking work from December to March. Work is usually available around Warwick. Harvest includes stone and orchard fruits, and grapes.
May to December, on the Central Coast of Queensland near Bowen, lots of different fruit and vegetables are grown, especially mangoes at the end of the year.
May to November, the northern coast around Ayr and Ingham, usually work picking sugar cane, bananas, and tobacco. All year round, work is available on the southern central coast around Bundaberg and Childers, where most types of fruit and vegetables are harvested.
Seasonal work, from December to March. Orchard and Soft fruits, grapes.
February to April Seasonal work is usually available around The Barossa Valley picking grapes.
All year round Around the Riverland area, picking citrus and soft fruits.
Seasonal work in Western Australia
October to June: Seasonal fruit picking jobs in Southwestern Australia, including harvesting grapes and orchard fruits.
March to November fishing and processing work available for crayfish, prawns, and scallops available on the West coast of Australia between Fremantle and Carnarvon.
May to October fruit and vegetable picking and packing jobs are available in the northeast, around Kununurra.
Farm Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship 2024
Farm Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship at Griffith
- Griffith, NSW, Australia
- Secure a position now to commence work in December.
- Join the team with a variety of positions available.
- The harvest period is from the middle of December 2023 to the middle of May 2024.
- During the harvest period of December 2023 to May 2024, we will employ several seasonal positions. These workers will help us in various production activities for fresh produce. They produce seedless watermelon, rockmelon, honeydew, and pumpkin
Farm Laborer Jobs in Australia for Locals and Work Holiday Visa
- Mareeba, QLD,
- They are currently looking for 100 seasonal farm laborers for upcoming crop-growing and harvesting seasons. Work will commence to help grow and harvest bananas and other crops. Note that all positions will be out in the field in the open paddocks.
- Wages will be paid at standard casual award rates under the Horticulture Award and paid under an Enterprise Agreement. The average minimum weekly hours will exceed 30 hours per week.
Fruit Picking Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship ($29.50 per hour)
- All over Australia. Visa Sponsorship available
- Accommodation and Relocation Support. No education or experience required
- Work available across all types of Fruit Farms
Apple and Berries Picking Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship
- At The Good Guys, they’re driven by our purpose to help families live better for less. Part of Australia’s largest and fastest-growing electrical and appliance retailer, they have over 3,500 employees across our nationwide network of more than 100 stores and a support office based in Southbank, Melbourne.
- They offer a competitive salary package, a leading commission structure for sales positions, and generous team member discounts across The Good Guys and JB Hi-Fi.
- The Good Guys is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a work environment that promotes diversity and inclusion. If this opportunity excites you (even if you feel that you don’t meet 100% of the criteria) – please don’t hesitate to apply!
Farm Jobs in Australia with Visa Sponsorship 2024 is an excellent and easy opportunity for those people who are nature lovers and want to settle in Australia without any special education or experience. You should fulfill the Seasonal Working Holiday Visa Eligibility Criteria and you can work there with your employer extending your stay on your behalf due to your excellent performance