Farm jobs in Switzerland for foreigners 2023 is the best opportunity for those people who are not so much educated, but they want good paying jobs in any one of the European countries. Switzerland is a picturesque country with mesmerizing countryside and landscapes. That’s why the country has many active farm jobs all across Switzerland, besides being the most peaceful country in the world, it has the highest wage and lowest tax rates. Farm jobs in Switzerland are one of the highest demanded jobs in the country. Thus, for foreigners, no job can be a better option than the most sought-after job.
In this post, we will tell you the complete procedure and step-by-step guidelines to apply for this job. You can know all the important job details like what benefits do you get in the lieu of the requirements it has. If you want a farm job in Switzerland, you must read this article.
Details of Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners:
- 1 Details of Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners:
- 2 Requirements of Farm Jobs in Switzerland:
- 3 Benefits of Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners:
- 4 Responsibilities of Farm Workers in Switzerland:
- 5 Top In-demand Farm Jobs in Switzerland:
- 6 Average Salary of a Farm Worker in Switzerland:
- 7 How to apply for Farm Jobs in Switzerland?
- 8 More Visa-sponsored jobs in Switzerland:
- Job title: Farm Jobs
- Industry: Agriculture
- Country: Switzerland
- Minimum age: 21-40 years
- Knowledge required: Yes, not much
- Experience required: Yes, not much
- Job Nature: Full-time
- Expected Salary: €10-€18
- Free Food: Yes
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Transport: No
- Free Medical Insurance: No
Requirements of Farm Jobs in Switzerland:
- No minimum education is required. No diploma, degree, or certification.
- You should have excellent skills in English communication.
- No minimum experience is required.
- You have to undergo complete training before your full-time job starts.
- You should have prior basic knowledge about crop (vegetables, animals) farming, animal tending, animal health check, and operating basic farm machinery.
- A valid and attested driver’s license of your home country and an abstract driving record check.
- Criminal record check.
- You may be required to perform overtime often.
- Physically demanding as you have to work in a fast-paced environment and have to walk often. You are also required to handle heavy loads of packed crops.
- All essential and supporting visa documents.
Benefits of Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners:
- Permenant job; no contract.
- Free Accommodation.
- Free and Fresh Food.
- No qualifications are required.
- No experience is required.
- Attractive Salary Package.
- Natural environment.
- Easy nature of the job
Responsibilities of Farm Workers in Switzerland:
Daily tasks you need to perform.
- Fruit and vegetable farming i.e. fertilizing, cultivating, spraying, irrigating, and harvesting crops.
- Feeding and tending livestock.
- Repair farm equipment and buildings.
- Greenhouse cleaning and maintenance.
- Monitoring crop/ livestock health and informing authorities if a vet is needed.
- Cleaning the fields of stray grass and preparing them for plantation.
- Detecting plant and crop health.
- Setting up farm buildings and fencing.
2. Necessary equipment you should know how to operate.
- All necessary planting and harvesting general and specialized equipment.
- Loader machine.
- Automated irrigation system
- Feeding and watering system.
Top In-demand Farm Jobs in Switzerland:
- Animal Farm Worker.
- Dairy Farm Worker.
- Poultry Farm Worker.
- Sow Farm Manager.
- Farm Foreman.
- Farm Maintenance Labour.
- Farm Supervisor.
- Food Production General Labour.
- Heavy Equipment Operator.
- Agricultural Technician.
- Operations Supervisor.
- Fruit/Vegetable Pickers.
- Fruit/Vegetable Packers.
- Farm Support Yard Workers.
Average Salary of a Farm Worker in Switzerland:
The average salary of a farm worker depends upon many factors like a worker’s skills, experience, location (especially in Switzerland where your wages may vary between cantons), and so on However, according to Salary Explorer, average farm workers (entry-level)earns 16 CHF per hour on average in Switzerland.
How to apply for Farm Jobs in Switzerland?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are good and responsive sources to find Farm Jobs in Swit6 with visa sponsorship. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. Jobup.ch is the biggest online job search portal of Switzerland. Whether it is Farm Jobs or any other highly skilled job role. Here are some useful tips to find more Farm Jobs in Switzerland:
- Google Jobup.ch or any other major job searching site in Switzerland (you can search about them first).
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners ” Select any major city of Switzerland (like Geneva) or it’s any famous countryside (like Zermatt) area in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Fruit / Vegetables Picking Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “Agriculture Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “Dairy Farm Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners ”, Farm Foreman Jobs in Switzerland for foreigners”, “Jobs in Swiss Greenhouses” etc.
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail.
More Visa-sponsored jobs in Switzerland:
Click here for more skilled and unskilled visa-sponsored skilled and unskilled jobs in Switzerland: