When we say driver jobs, we mean a variety of job positions like Truck Drivers, Personal Drivers and Chauffeurs, Delivery Drivers, Transport Drivers, Public Transport Drivers, and so on and so forth. The job titles may also vary with respect to the vehicle used in the job. There will always be a need for qualified truck drivers because Canada depends on freight trucks to transport its goods. In fact, according to data from Trucking HR Canada (THRC), the overall number of Freight Transport Driver job openings across the Canadian economy is predicted to increase to 55,000 by 2024. Another report shows that Canada is using wages and working conditions as bait to attract young foreign talent. That’s why Average per hour wages for Canadian Drivers are increased up to $27 an hour.
So, there is a broad job base to choose from with almost guaranteed success because such a high demand can never make you return empty-handed provided that you fulfill the eligibility criteria. Let’s get to know further about Driver Jobs in Canada 2024 with Visa Sponsorship so that you can use this skyrocketed demand to make a life-changing and promising career.
Requirements of Driver Jobs in Canada 2024 with Visa Sponsorship
- 1 Requirements of Driver Jobs in Canada 2024 with Visa Sponsorship
- 2 How to Immigrate to Canada in 2024 for Driver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship?
- 3 Average Salary of Drivers in Canada
- 4 New Positions of Canada Truck Drivers in 2024?
- 5 How to Apply for More Driving Jobs in Canada 2024 with Visa Sponsorship?
This is what you typically need for the job.
- Completion of secondary school is usually required.
- On-the-job-training is provided.
- Completion of an accredited driver training course of up to three months duration, through a vocational school or community college, may be required.
- A Class 3 or D license is required to drive straight-body trucks.
- A Class 1 or A license is required to drive long combination vehicles.
- Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
This is what you need for Canadian Immigration as a Driver:
- You must be a minimum of 30+ years old, (max 55 years)
- Experience Letter showing at least 3 years of experience
- You must attest to being drug free.
- You must have a clean police record during the past 5 years (excluding speeding offenses.
- Your driver’s license must show an accident free record during the past 4 years (HGV & Automobile).
- Have a job offer from a Canadian employer in the form of an Employment Letter
- Hold a valid passport for at least two years
- Prove your intention to leave Canada after your work permit expires
- Demonstrate your command of English or French i.e. IELTS Certificate
- Have no criminal history and pose no threat to Canada’s national security
- Demonstrate you’ll be able to sustain yourself while in Canada and pay for your and your family members’ return trip
- Be healthy
- Bank Statement as a minimum proof of funds to support yourself in Canada
Your firm must have a Labor Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) document, which explains that it could not locate qualified candidates nationwide. If you meet the abovementioned conditions, you can submit your job application. Another important thing to mention as that as there are multiple entry schemes for Truck Drivers in Canada, each Immigration stream differs slightly in their requirements with core and compulsory requirements as the ones mentioned above.
How to Immigrate to Canada in 2024 for Driver Jobs with Visa Sponsorship?
You can immigrate to Canada as a Driver through four immigration routes. Each one is valid for Driver Jobs in Canada 2024, varying a little bit in their requirements and eligibility criteria.
- Express Entry System (Federal Skilled Worker Program)
- Provincial Nominee Program under Express Entry
- Provincial Nominee Program under Non-Express Entry
- Temporary Foreign Worker Program
It is pertinent to mention here that Express Entry programs are used more frequently than Non-Express Entry Systems and the Provincial Nominee Program or PNP is the most usual way of immigrating to Canada as a driver because it entitles you to apply for PR, and is a relatively easy process.
Average Salary of Drivers in Canada
According to Job Bank, the average salary of a driver is $42,900 per year. Your earnings depend on your experience and qualifications. For instance, when you are new in the role, you start with an annual salary of $35,802. The most experienced drivers make up to $60,134 per year.
New Positions of Canada Truck Drivers in 2024?
Drivers & Movers (No experience required)
- Permanent Job Position
- East York, Ontario, Canada
- No experience required
- The hourly rate of $24.10, overtime rate 1.5 your hourly rate applies after 44 hours of work per week
- Woow Canada Immigration is looking to hire foreign workers for the Moving Truck Driver position in a Transportation company based out in Mississauga, Ontario, Canada: They are currently looking for 5 Moving Truck Drivers for a full-time position. The ideal candidates will have a valid Class 3 or D license to drive straight-body trucks or equivalent. The company will also provide on-the-job training.
- Experience is an asset but not required – on-the-job training would be provided; No education is required
- Click Here to Apply
School Bus Driver (No experience required)
- Operating all over Canada, now looking for a Driver in Flin Flon, Manitoba.
- No experience is required as all training is provided
- Permanent Job with Visa Sponsorship
- First Student is the leading school transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers and the industry’s strongest safety record, First Student delivers reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.
- No experience necessary! We train! PAID TRAINING! Additional hours available – charter route opportunities! Child ride along program No nights or weekends unless you choose
- Good verbal communication skills At least 21 years old Valid driver’s license for at least 1 year Undergo & pass a Ministry prescribed medical examination and background checks.
- Click Here to Apply
Company Driver (No experience needed)
- This opportunity can be based in Cambridge, Mississauga, London, or Windsor.
- AZ Company’s expectation is to have a minimum of 5 full days of 24-hour availability or more. You will run according to your available hours and within legal requirements, which could mean running over the weekend. This Division runs reefers as well as Dry Vans.
- Average 10,000 miles per month Premium for O/Os with 2 or more units, Competitive rate per mile, Paid biweekly via direct deposit, Discounts on Parts and Tires, Access to our shops at discounted rates, Option to join Group Benefits, No paint code, Open door policy, Safety Incentives, Paid Fuel Surcharge + Fuel discounts
- Click Here to Apply
Domino’s Delivery Driver (No experience needed)
- Banff, Alberta, Canada
- Permanent Job with no experience needed. Valid Driving License with Good communication skills
- Domino’s Pizza is now hiring Delivery Drivers to join our team in Banff, AB! They are seeking reliable and energetic individuals who are passionate about providing excellent customer service and delivering hot and delicious pizzas to their valued customers.
- They offer full-time positions, with flexible schedules that can accommodate your needs. As a Delivery Driver at Domino’s, you can earn up to $32 an hour inclusive of tips, and they provide a company car and gas for all deliveries…
- As a Delivery Driver at Domino’s, your responsibilities will include delivering products to customers, providing exceptional customer service, ensuring the quality of products meet their standards, and preparing and packaging food products to their standard.
Trailer/ Tractor Driver
- St. George, NB, Canada
- Permanent and Full Time Position
- A minimum of 2 years experience required
- Cooke is a global seafood company with operations in North America, Europe, and South America. The company’s success is driven by our dynamic, highly skilled, and innovative management team, supported by dedicated employees who live in coastal communities and contribute to the local area’s economy and sense of community.
- As a result of their robust growth, they are seeking Truck/Tractor Trailer Drivers to join their team of driving professionals with Shoreland Transport Inc., a division of Cooke. Shoreland is based out of St. George, NB; however, the candidate must be willing to operate throughout Eastern Canada and the US as required. This position will appeal to reliable, self-motivated team players with a strong work ethic and the availability to work flexible hours.
- Canadian and US lanes, Competitive wage and health benefit packages: $0.48/mile (Canadian lanes), $0.54/mile (US lanes), $0.03/mile low idle & safety incentive, Signing bonus of $1,500.00 for drivers dedicated to US lanes, Pristine trucks, Family-friendly lanes, Team environment
- Click Here to Apply
Courier Delivery Driver (No experience needed)
- Job Type: Part-Time – Permanent
- Work Location: 7 Woodfield Road Toronto ON M4L 2W1
- Workdays: Monday to Friday Shift Start: 8:00 AM for 3-5 hours per day *(Flexibility is required with both the start and finish times)
- The Package Delivery Driver position is a physical fast-paced outdoor position that involves continual lifting lowering and carrying packages that typically weigh 25 – 35 lbs. and may weigh up to 70 lbs. Package Delivery Drivers must have excellent customer contact and driving skills. Some UPS facilities may require the ability to drive a delivery vehicle with a standard (manual) transmission. Qualified applicants must have a valid driver’s G or higher license issued in the province of Ontario. Package Delivery Drivers are expected to comply with UPS appearance guidelines and wear the company-provided uniform.
- Before you apply for a job, select your language preference from the options available at the top right of this page.
- Click Here to Apply
Urgent Light Vehicle Driver (No experience needed)
- Jobs Role: Urgent Light Vehicle Driver in Canada For Foreigners – Apply Now
- Company: CSA Transportation
- Location: Toronto, Canada
- No. of Vacancies: 10
- Industry: Driving Company
- Salary: CAD 15 – CAD 25 Per Hour Country: Canada Education
- No degree certificate or diploma with no experience
- CSA Transportation is a leading transportation and logistics company in Canada, and they are currently seeking experienced Light Vehicle Drivers to join their team. This opportunity is open to both Canadian residents and foreigners looking to work in Canada. As a Light Vehicle Driver at CSA Transportation, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the safe and timely delivery of goods to customers across Canada. You will be responsible for driving light vehicles, such as vans or small trucks, and delivering various types of cargo.
- Click Here to Apply
How to Apply for More Driving Jobs in Canada 2024 with Visa Sponsorship?
You can find these vacancies on the job portal website. We have posted a link to a job portal that helps you find Driver Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship 2024.