Crop and Livestock Farm Laborer Jobs in Canada 2023 for Foreigners: f you love greenery and nature and love to work in the countryside, today’s post is for you! This is a great career opportunity for farm/ agricultural workers or even those who have no experience in agriculture or farming but want to work and settle in Canada. For this job role, you don’t need to have any experience. You also don’t need to have any degree, diploma, or any higher level qualifications for this job role. Instead, you will be given free training.
There are plentiful careers for Early Morning, Day, Evening, and Weekend full-time and seasonal workers – If you love and enjoy working as a crop or livestock farmer, you have a wonderful full-time job opportunity. You should be able to tend animals as well as harvesting garden crops. Let’s get to know more details of Crop and Livestock Farm Labourer Jobs in Canada 2023 for foreigners:
Crop and Livestock Farm Labourer Jobs in Canada Job details:
- 1 Crop and Livestock Farm Labourer Jobs in Canada Job details:
- 2 Requirements of Crop and Livestock farm laborer jobs in Canada:
- 3 Benefits of Crop and Livestock farm labourer jobs in Canada:
- 4 Responsibilities of Crop and Farm Labourer Jobs in Canada:
- 5 The average salary of a crop and livestock farm laborer Is this ad paying you fairly?
- 6 How can I improve my Crop/ Livestock farming knowledge?
- 7 How to search for more crops/ animal farming jobs?
- 8 How to apply?
- 9 More Jobs at Job Bank Canada.
- Job title: Livestock Farm Labourer/ Crop Farm Labourer
- Location: Lindell Beach, BC, Canada
- Working hours: 30 hours per week
- Minimum knowledge: Not required
- Minimum experience: Not required
- Free food: No
- Free Accommodation: Yes
- Free Transport: No
- Free Medical: No
- Expected salary: $16 per hour
- Hiring Company: Handerson Farm Ltd
- Visa Sponsorship: No
Requirements of Crop and Livestock farm laborer jobs in Canada:
- No minimum education is required. No diploma, degree, or certification.
- You should have excellent skills of English communication.
- No minimum experience is required.
- You have to undergo complete training before your full-time job starts.
- You should have prior basic knowledge about crop (vegetables, animals) farming, animal tending, animal health check, and operating basic farm machinery.
- A valid and attested driver’s license of your home country and an abstract driving record check.
- Criminal record check.
- You may be required to perform overtime often.
- Physically demanding as you have to work in a fast-paced environment and have to walk often. You are also required to handle heavy loads of packed crops.
- All essential and supporting visa documents.
Benefits of Crop and Livestock farm labourer jobs in Canada:
- Permenant job; no contract.
- Free Accommodation.
- Vision care medical programs.
- No qualifications are required.
- No experience is required.
- Free Parking for farmer’s staff.
Responsibilities of Crop and Farm Labourer Jobs in Canada:
Responsibilities of Crop and Farm Labourer Jobs are divided among the following categories:
1. Daily tasks you need to perform.
- Fruit and vegetable farming.
- Feeding and tending goats and sheeps.
- Goat farming.
- Greenhouse cleaning and maintenance.
- Monitoring animal/ livestock health and informing authorities if a vet is needed.
- Cleaning animal places like stables, barns, barnyards, and chicken pens.
- Detecting plant and crop health.
- Set up and check all the necessary conditions in pens, barns, and stables like monitoring airways, water channels, and temperature.
- Train and work with a guard dog.
2. Necessary equipment you should know how to operate.
- All necessary planting and harvesting general and specialized equipment.
- Loader machine.
- Automated irrigation system
- Feeding and watering system.
3. Types of crops you have to work with:
- Sweet corn
Types of animals/ livestock you have to work with:
The average salary of a crop and livestock farm laborer Is this ad paying you fairly?
The average salary of a crop farm labourer depends upon many factors like a worker’s skills, experience, location (especially in Canada where your wages may vary between provinces), and so on However, according to Ca.talent and Indeed, an average fruits/ vegetable farm workers (entry-level)earns $16 per hour on average in Canada. While a livestock farm worker (entry-level)earns between $14-$16 per hour in Canada. The official Government of Canada website reports the average salary of a general farm worker to be $18 per hour in British Columbia. So, this ad is paying you fairly, equal to the average level ($16 per hour).
More Jobs: Apple Picking Jobs in Canada for Foreigners
How can I improve my Crop/ Livestock farming knowledge?
Though this job doesn’t require you to have any prior experience nor it demands any relevant qualifications, it proves to be super beneficial to have some prior and basic know-how of crop and livestock farming (general farming). Further workplace training would make you a perfect crop and animal farmer!
How to search for more crops/ animal farming jobs?
Online job-searching websites and online newspapers are good and responsive sources to find Livestock/ Crops Farmer Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship. By creating an account and turning on the job alert notifications in any of those job search portals, you regularly get a notification message in your inbox for all the vacancies available in your desired job role and in your desired location. Moreover, you can select the related job roles and keep yourself updated about their upcoming vacancies as well. The Government of Canada’s official job search website, Job Bank Canada, is the prime source to find any employment in Canada. Whether it is crops/ livestock farming or any other highly skilled job role. Here are some useful tips to find more Crops/ Livestock Farmer Jobs in Canada:
- Google Job Bank Canada website.
- Create an account.
- Select your desired jobs (you can select 3-5 at the time depending on the job site).
- Turn on the notification alerts (for further use).
- Type your keywords for the job search in the search bar.
- First, try specific ones like ” Crops/Vegetable Farmers Jobs in Canada with visa sponsorship ” Select any major city of Canada or it’s any famous countryside area in the location bar right beneath the search bar.
- If you get a few results or not-so-relevant ones, try general search words like “Fruit / Vegetables Picking Jobs in Canada with Visa Sponsorship”, “Farm WorkerJobs in Canada for foreigners”, “Agricultural Jobs in Canada for foreigners ”, “Cattle Attendants/ Farm Foreman Jobs in Canada with work sponsor”, “Jobs in Canadian Greenhouses” etc.
- Click on your desired job role.
- Submit the CV and all the required documents.
- Click on the apply button.
- Wait for the reply mail
How to apply?
You can make an account on any online job searching website or online newspapers, log in, and submit your CV to apply. For this job ad, click below to apply directly on the ad website:
More Jobs at Job Bank Canada.
Click here to find thousands of educated and uneducated job roles at Job Bank Canada: