Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants: The Canadian government has announced visa sponsorship on Agricultural/ Farm Jobs to hire 447,055 foreign workers in 2023 and 451,000 foreign workers in 2024. This year, nearly one million jobs are advertised on media and online in Canadian Agricultural Sector. In 2021, Canada’s Farm/Agri-food Sector employed 2.1 million Canada with a 68 % share of Canada’s GDP.
A number of fruit picker jobs in Canada are now open with visa sponsorship for all international applicants out there who want to earn a handsome earning abroad in a developed country like Canada. Amidst that, Picking Canada’s most famous and commonly cultivated fruit would be simply the best choice. We are talking about Apple Picking Jobs in the most famous and fertile Canadian Provinces i.e. Quebec. This post will discuss Apple Picking Jobs in Canada 2023 for International Applicants. Let’s get to know the complete details of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants.
Details of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
- 1 Details of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 with Visa Sponsorship:
- 2 Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- 3 Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- 4 Job Responsibilities/ Obligations of an Apple Picker:
- 5 Fruit/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- 6 Average Salary of an Apple Picker in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- 7 Famous Apple Farms all over Canada:
- 8 How to Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- Job title: Fruit Picker/ Apple Picker.
- Location: Quebec, Canada.
- Job Industry: Agriculture/ Farm Jobs
- Job Type: Full-Time/Part-time.
- Duty Hours: 28 to 40 hours per week.
- Experience Required: Will be preferred.
- Knowledge Required: Not High.
- Expected Salary: Up to CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Age Limit: 18 onwards (19 in some Canadian provinces).
Requirements of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- There is no minimum education requirement, but candidates having a minimum qualification of a secondary (high school) diploma are demanded by some employers.
- Must be a minimum of 18 years of age or 19 in some Canadian provinces like Alberta. For Quebec, it is 18.
- There is no minimum experience requirement, but having at least an experience of one year is demanded by some firms.
- Candidate must have a clean criminal background to work legally in Canada.
- Candidate must go through a health checkup before immigration.
- The candidate must be able to work legally in Canada, and he must meet all immigration requirements to get eligible for visa sponsorship.
Benefits of Apple Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
According to the various random job postings online, here are some of the common perks and benefits offered by employers:
- Visa Sponsorship/ Procurement Assistance
- Relocation Support.
- Candidates don’t have to pay the Application fees and the Canadian embassy in their home country helps them in securing visas and all paperwork.
- Many employers free accommodation near the job site and some offer free one-time meals or subsidized meals. Some employers offer relocation support.
- Some employers offer subsidized transport programs.
- Attractive Salary Package i.e. UpTo CAD 15-20 per hour.
- Long-term employee benefits, employee social benefits, and other additional benefits.
- All employees and farm workers will get medical insurance during their stay in Canada. This insurance will cover all the expenses for your medical, injuries, and accidents.
- According to working rules in the Canadian Agriculture sector, once you complete your 3 years as a fruit picker in Quebec with one specified employer, then the employer applies for your permanent residency on your behalf. After that, you get entitled to bring your family as well.
- A very vast job market as Quebec has a rich fruit production and has many natural fields, orchards, and manmade greenhouses.
Job Responsibilities/ Obligations of an Apple Picker:
- Picking apples from the fields and orchards.
- Separate the rotten and damaged apple pieces from the clean ones.
- Pack the apples in their respective cartons.
- Label the packages.
- Weighing fruit cartons before loading each carton into the truck.
- Manually cultivating and pruning apple trees.
- Taking care of orchards like regularly performing weeding, rock picking, hoeing weeds, racking old leaves, loosening the soil around the plants, leveling the earth, etc.
- Manually/ By hand thinning apples from the trees.
- Placing bins in the orchard before harvest.
- Cleaning orchard.
- Repairing / Disposing of old or broken baskets.
- Sorting out over-ripened or rotten apples.
- Handling ladders up to 60 lbs.
- Load picked fruit and vegetables into containers while taking care/ avoiding any possible damage.
- Some pickers are also required to drive tractors or other vehicles to deliver fruit and vegetables to the packing shed.
Fruit/ Vegetables Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
Canada and its famous province Quebec is famous worldwide for its fresh, year-round greenhouse farm produce. Besides natural fields and orchards of fresh fruits and vegetables, there are many man-made greenhouses to meet the retailers’ and consumers’ demands. According to Agriculture. Canada.Ca, Canada is also the only North American country that publishes annual official government statistics on greenhouse production. To state an interesting fact here, 90 percent of Canada’s maple syrup (Maple Leaf is Canada’s national flag’s emblem) is produced in Quebec! Other than that, it is notable for the production of dairy, blueberries, beef, and pork.
The increased demand from Canadian and American retailers and consumers for a wide variety of fresh fruits and vegetables produce all year round is the triggering factor behind the growth of the greenhouse industry in the continent of North America. The fruits mentioned below are produced in the highest quantities in Quebec greenhouses. Therefore, a new immigrant seeking a job in Quebec Fruit Picking Sector should seek a job in such fruit farms:
- Spartan Apples.
- Saskatoon Serviceberry.
- Easy-peel Citrus Products.
- Dry Onions.
- Sweet Corn.
- Sweet Potatoes and much more.
Average Salary of an Apple Picker in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
The average Salary of an entry-level Apple-Picker depends upon many other factors except his experience like where he is employed, employer’s salary rules, location, shift timing, etc. However, according to Ca Talent, The average pay for an Apple Picker in Quebec averages around CAD 27,719- CAD 30,225 a year or between CAD 18 per hour.
Famous Apple Farms all over Canada:
- Manitoba: Riverbend Orchards. …
- Quebec: Hillspring Farm. …
- PEI: Arlington Orchards. …
- Nova Scotia: Foote Family Farm. …
- BC: Willow View Farms.
- BC: Apple Barn Pumpkin Farm at Taves Family Farm. …
- Ontario: Chudleigh’s. …
- Saskatchewan: Symmetry Orchard.
- Apples of Glasgow.
- Grill Orchards.
- Brantwood Farms and more.
How to Apply for Fruit Picking Jobs in Quebec 2023 for International Applicants:
- By clicking on the link below, you will be routed to the official job search portal, use the application button given below the job description.
- You can also use/ search yourself for the job by using the search box and the location box, to narrow down your job search results. Type your job title, e.g., “ Farm Jobs in Canada for foreigners/ with visa sponsorship”, “Farm Jobs in Canada for Working Holiday Workers”, “Fruit Picking Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship”, “Agriculture Jobs in Canada for foreigners with visa sponsorship.”
- Select Quebec, Canada in the location bar just beneath the search bar.
- It’s better to update your CV or Resume and Cover letter according to the latest market trends as there is a high chance that your employer might notice the layout/ presentation.
- Examine the job posting details like job description, job requirements, job responsibilities, etc.
- Ensure you meet all requirements before you apply. Examine the job role and its requirements carefully.
- Click the “Online Application” button given below.
- Fill out the necessary details being asked and submit the application.
- Verify the reception of a confirmation email for your sent job application.
- Click Here to Apply